Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Munky
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished prepping my RC and myself for my first CCS race in September @ VIR. Being that Ive waited till I'm 39 to finally do this I cant wait. Ive done my track days, taken the Cornerspeed school. I can turn a 1:41 @VIR most every lap with my fastest of 1:39. I know its not fast but I should be in the mix with some of the Am's in SuperTwins. GTO might be a different story but I want the track time.

So this winter Ive been spending money on the piggy and here she is. 2001 SP1

Dan Kyle breathed on forks
Penske rear shock
Woodcraft rearsets
Yoyo slipper
Sato Carbon slip-ons with PCIIIr
Vesrah SRJL pads with Goodridge lines
Scotts damper
Painted myself with some Lexus dark gray a friend had laying around. Turned out OK. I did no sanding or wet sanding, just sprayed and walked away.

Cheers
Ian

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey Ian,.. Nice mang.,:clapper .. I'd like to come out and watch\meet you and others... IF I get a chance.;)

Please post up exact date... so I can see IF I have to put in to have off...?

Peace Jeff

·
Munky
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sept. 24th is the CornerSpeed Racers Practice. Sept. 25th and 26th are the races.

I'm pretty much going solo. My trackday buddy has a meeting in California that weekend. So please stop on by!

Look for a Nissan Frontier (gray) with a black enclosed trailer.

·
Munky
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope not to crash but Ive been down a few times with her. Luckily all lowsides and only messed up the tank, rearset, exhaust and levers. Ive got a good stash of spares to get me going if needed.

Good job, looks great. Good luck and dont mess up that beauty.

·
Munky
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They aren't mint. Look close at the right side mid pipe(dent) and leading edge of the can is scuffed. I bought a wrecked RC51 for $1500. They had the Sato's on em. I told my wife that I bought Sato's and the RC came with it!

I have 2 Sato spare cans and some Scorpion cans but they are just as heavy as OEM!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
WERA had a fatality at VIR last weekend in an expert race. A freak accident with 2 bikes hitting a rider that wrecked but didn't make it off track. RIP

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
best of luck to you man, the bike looks great. try to keep her that way. your lap times arent too bad and should have you mid pack in the amature class. keep in mind that in the amateurs the bike is less important than the rider so just focus on being smooth out there and the lap times will come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts