·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

look what i have got today.
The black marked.
They are still availabil.

Now I'm just waiting for my billet camshafts, ti. retainers and inner/ outer spring seats...

Project:

11300 rpm

Regards

Attachments

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey Bruchi

Cool!:rockon

May I ask Where You are getting the "Billet cam shafts and for how much?

and Congrads!:clapper
Peace Jeff

·
1,061 Posts
How do you guys find those sweet as parts?

Seriously I must have not got the memo or something.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So,

i instaled a SP2 throttle body wich i have got from this board. ( thanx again )
The throttle response is much better! The engine is more aggresive and powerfull...
My engine builder have only to drill the intake ports to the bigger diameter of the SP2 throttle body...

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
So,

i instaled a SP2 throttle body wich i have got from this board. ( thanx again )
The throttle response is much better! The engine is more aggresive and powerfull...
My engine builder have only to drill the intake ports to the bigger diameter of the SP2 throttle body...
Hey Bruchi,
I guess this means you're using SP1 heads eh.... My other guess is, I'm thinking, You meant to say.. Mill the intake ports...? Because I'm not sure what there is to drill...?;)

Hey Bruchi,.. are You Planning or Have You installed the "2nd" Big Breather: In the V of your engine case, while you have it apart or? Again, I'm Just thinking, with Your Sweet Engine build, this would be very advantageous to YOU and Your Engine!;)

Are you going to post (and make us ALL Green:D with envy) your Dyno-graph when You get her remapped?

Peace Jeff

PS. You've got the 1st "Big Breather" installed right!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes,

this is an SP1 engine. The intake ports of the SP1 heads are to small for the SP2 throttle body. ( you see it in pics, there is an edge in the transition )

I have still too breathers. One big breather in the front head and a second in the ACG cover.

The first dyno run will be next year...
I am also very excited at first test run. :eek:

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Yes,

this is an SP1 engine. The intake ports of the SP1 heads are to small for the SP2 throttle body. ( you see it in pics, there is an edge in the transition )

I have still too breathers. One big breather in the front head and a second in the ACG cover.

The first dyno run will be next year...
I am also very excited at first test run. :eek:

Yeah,... I started typing my reply quite awhile ago... as I'm at work and running around working on my job(s) in between, so AFTER I posted my reply... Only then, did I see the pictures on your next post\reply...

OK, so I'm with you about the breather in the front head's valve cover BUT I am not sure where\what the ACG cover is...? I'll have to look this one up.;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have found an old dyno chart...
It´s not the best picture...
The powerline is not the best...
The problem in this run was, my exhaust was sucking secondary air so the lambda sensor returned incorrect values.
Only 143rwhp... 109nm

Attachments

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
HUMMM... I've never seen one put in this location before, Looks like it is aWhole Hellava lot easier installing there, veres Thorsten's location in the V :D BUT... it also looks to be Only 1/2 the size of said "Big Breather"<(Thorsten's)..

Different "BIG Breather" Locations:
One of the Easiest\smartest Big Breather installs I've ever seen, is,... where You actually USE the "Oil Filler location" and just replace the Oil fill cap with a Breather!

Anyhow, No matter what, it IS Cool seeing the pictures, thanks for Sharing brother!:clapper :rockon

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Different "BIG Breather" Locations:
One of the Easiest\smartest Big Breather installs I've ever seen, is,... where You actually USE the "Oil Filler location" and just replace the Oil fill cap with a Breather!
Wouldnt that saturate the filter eliment and eventually allow oil to push through it? I saw a Gixxer (chrome) at a bike night and asked the rider what the filter was for. He said his "engineer" told him the bike can breath better. I than asked the rider if he could tell the differrence. His reply was "no" but he was told id added 20bhp:woot: . I gave him a napkin to wipe off the oil seepage and walked away.

Wouldn't it be better to route the ol filler cap via a tube with threaded nub up to a catch bottle?

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Wouldnt that saturate the filter eliment and eventually allow oil to push through it? I saw a Gixxer (chrome) at a bike night and asked the rider what the filter was for. He said his "engineer" told him the bike can breath better. I than asked the rider if he could tell the differrence. His reply was "no" but he was told id added 20bhp:woot: . I gave him a napkin to wipe off the oil seepage and walked away.

Wouldn't it be better to route the ol filler cap via a tube with threaded nub up to a catch bottle?
NO, No.. I would Never Vent just into a filter.. = a mess, as You found.:banghead
It should be piped back up into the AirBox!
Which is what I've done with mine, just like OEM but BIGGER!;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have installed a oil mist catch tank. In the first picture you can see it.
It´s a very clean thing. I have in my airbox only a litle bit of oil mist...
Both breather "breathe" into this catch tank.

·
Registered
527 Posts
"Only 143 rwhp." I love it . Please keep us updated . The RC51 attracts the most determined people !:rockon

1 - 20 of 68 Posts