Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and the best part. Got her for $1000!

This is the bike I asked about in another thread a couple of months ago. Finally got my friend to let go and let my have it.

Belonged to a friend of mine since it was brand new. It's an '87. The bike hasn't been cranked since 1995, but as you can see it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor! Its just been sittin in the corner of his shop untouched. Cosmetically the only thing it needs is a new windshield. The original has a few cracks around the mounting holes. The bike is bone stock. Even the tires still had air in 'em!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Looks real tidy!

Pete

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Clean example... that would fetch a tidy sum out in California...

Before I'd hit the starter I would first spin the oil pump
independently of the engine with an cordless drill... because after
that extended non operating period its possible that the crank is
resting on dry bearings...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Great buy and it looks to be in decent condition. Have fun fixing her up!

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Slabbies ROCK! :notworthy

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Excellent old school classic. Always wanted one of those. :clapper

·
Big Member
169 Posts
I loved that bike. I got my first sportbike in 1988, a red/white Honda Hurricane but I really wanted that Gix 750. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I couldn't afford it AND I had the wisdom to know my limitations. Considerable since i was 18 at the time. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
480 Posts
and the best part. Got her for $1000!
Cosmetically the only thing it needs is a new windshield. The original has a few cracks around the mounting holes. The bike is bone stock
Looks to be missing original grips and possibly the rear fender but yup that is one very, very nice "barn find"! :rockon

·
calculating status...
1,670 Posts
Great buy and it looks to be in decent condition. Have fun fixing her up!
Yeah. It looks like it'll need a lot of fixing up. Decent condition?:wacky

That bike is over two decades old and looks nearly mint. The kicker is that a twenty four year old GSXR would have the stock pipe still on it. You lucky bastard.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts