Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,i had posted a little while back to see if anyone could help me find a paticular helmet but nobody was able to help me find it (besides K-Town RC).It was just difficult to find until BOOYA,there it was online.I found a place that had 2 left in my size so i ordered it and got it this weekend and MAN,this thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice looking head bucket bro!! Lets go ride sometime :rockon

Oh yeah, your parts are done anytime you want them :wacky

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
nice looking lid....

don't mean to piss on your parade but here is what the euro version of it without the snell rating but rather ece22.05 rates as..... I would venture a guess that the snell rating would fare worse... SHARP Helmets

SHARP Helmets - Animation

Lets hope he never has to find out, but I gotta say I think a lot of that helmet rating stuff is way overblown. A quality helmet with a *good fit* is probably more important than some lab tests done under a very specific crash scenario. :twocents

I got the Haga Fire and Ice Arai..love it!

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Lets hope he never has to find out, but I gotta say I think a lot of that helmet rating stuff is way overblown. A quality helmet with a *good fit* is probably more important than some lab tests done under a very specific crash scenario. :twocents

I got the Haga Fire and Ice Arai..love it!

Imo the reason that sharp came out was because of the vast failures of previous testing mechanisms. if there is one testing method out there that I would actually put some faith in it would be this one. They took the findings of the "Hurt" report into account and other real world data on crash statistics and developed it into the testing methods. imo it is relavent, probably the closest that we have had to real data and meaningful data. perhaps the closest we will have for a long time....:twocents

The old addage "best fit " being more importatn is flawed imo. what this test also addressed is the fact that different sized helmets should have different mass head forms used to test them because different sized heads will have different masses. therfore also by this extension different sized helmets must have different construction to be usedful in a crash and not just a sinlge sized outer shell and the rest of a the crash liner thickened to accomodate a small head up to xl.... the examples go on and on....

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
The old addage "best fit " being more importatn is flawed imo. what this test also addressed is the fact that different sized helmets should have different mass head forms used to test them because different sized heads will have different masses. therfore also by this extension different sized helmets must have different construction to be usedful in a crash and not just a sinlge sized outer shell and the rest of a the crash liner thickened to accomodate a small head up to xl.... the examples go on and on....
Some good points, hopefully we will get some better helmets in the future out of all of this...I think this may already be the case in Europe.

Now go get a Honda helmet bag to put that thing in! :D
Honda Genuine Helmet Bag in black Tyga USA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts