Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps my input is entirely appropriate, as I am new to the RC51 community, but not new to bikes -- therefore I have not experienced the years' worth of issues that have come up with Mark Schoeller. On the other hand, a business can improve, and perhaps it is the most recent events that are the most relevant. My story, is that I bought an RC51 in Nov of last year -- an SP1. It had the usual dings and dents, and a crappy looking stock exhaust. I then spent the winter sprucing it up, including buying a Jardine 2-1 -- mainly due to the weight savings, as well as the decent price. The sound was OK, and once properly jetted, I enjoyed riding it immensely. The look of the can was not in my taste, as it was too thin and too long. So I set about finding a replacement. I pm'ed MRGN and asked for the following -- a 400 mm dual exit CF can, designed to work with the Jardine 2-1. After a bit of a delay, this is what came in the mail:

The can was the dimensions and size I wanted, including 2 hooks in what appeared to be the right spot for the jardine springs.

I first slipped on the collar to mate the jarding collector into the can:

This fit snugly.

I then slid on the exhaust can itself. A bit of slop, but not extreme. I used some red exhaust sealant prior to putting it on for the last time.

URL=http://img257.imageshack.us/i/blackwidow2.jpg/]
[/url]

I then set about mounting the strap. It was the right shape, but with the rubber protector, a tad small. I was worried that tightening it down could damage the can. I rooted around my spares and found a suitable spacer.

This still holds the can securely, but not too tight.

Overall, I am very happy with the looks, and the sound (I fired it up prior to reinstalling it with the sealant). Not too loud, and markedly different than the single outlet can. I really like it.

I think it makes the bike look more contemporary, without the long bazooka of the jardine can, and the cheezy boy-racer look of the stubby ones. A nice compromise.

Time will tell regarding durability. If it fails, I will be in touch with the manufacturer. In terms of apparent quality, it looks fine. Its been awhile since I had a CF can, and never on a v-twin -- wether it lasts remains to be seen. Personally a replacement in alu would also be cool. And no comments about the licence plate... this is just temporary until I sort out the undertail.

So my :twocents -- from my opinion, I am pleased with the transaction, communication, and apparent value of this product.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Do you have the ability to put a video of it, as i'd like to hear the sound of the single w/ dual outlet? and um why does your right side brake line go backwards? I can't complain about your tag..cause i couldn't find it in the pics :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Rear view -- note the plate. I could post a video -- will try to do so later. Brake line is a tad long (note radial master) so it is tucked into the fairing. Works fine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you take a close look at your muffler strap, it has slack in it, due to the spacer you installed. If you remove the spacer, and tighten it down, I have a feeling it will have the proper fit.

Good luck, and sweet looking bike.

Mo

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
if you don't mind, make a thread when it breaks and let us know as well :D
Not knocking marks shit, but people are generally reluctant to start threads about shit they spent money that breaks. I have seen very few threads about how shitty chinese plastics fit, yet I have seen plenty of posts like "I'm going to buy them" and no after report other than "they were okay, took a little work", yet every set I've seen in person looked like shit, and half of them melted.

Just like they are reluctant to say how much they lost when they sold a bike after thousands in upgrades

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Not knocking marks shit, but people are generally reluctant to start threads about shit they spent money that breaks. I have seen very few threads about how shitty chinese plastics fit, yet I have seen plenty of posts like "I'm going to buy them" and no after report other than "they were okay, took a little work", yet every set I've seen in person looked like shit, and half of them melted.
Of course not! Who wants to admit they bought cheap, chinese stuff and it turned out to be shit. Everyone will tell you to buy good, quality stuff backed by good companies and then people will try to save a buck and feel like a douche when the reality of it slaps them in the face. You'd get flamed for starting a thread about "I bought Chinese knockoff stuff and it was shit".:woot:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
feedback

As I said, I was worried that without the spacer, the strap would put too much tension on the side of the exhaust can and mar it -- will keep and eye on it, but despite the smile on the inside that you can see from the rear, it is snug enough.

And for what its worth, I did buy Auctmarts plastic. It was shit, I said so, and fessed up... and also strongly advised others not to buy it. Wasted a pile of dosh, and ended up painting the OEM stuff you see on the bike -- which took a lot of work and extra money.

If the can fails, I will try to sort it with Mark, and report.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
what gives with your plate? Is that the location? If you take a spill that plate will slice your leg off?
He already said that was temporary.

And I would really like to see a license plate slice a leg off. If you go down on that side, that plate is either going flying off, or getting crushed. If you wear full gear, that thing isn't doing shit.

Anyways, I dig the all red paint, and the dual outlet looks pretty neat too.

·
LiveStrong
223 Posts
Can

The can looks great. +1 on would love to see a video with sound.

:twocents I have also had a very good transaction with Mark. He shipped me exactly what he said he was going to. Returned all my pm's as well. I know there is quit a bit of heartburn on this forum with Mark but my experience was quite good.

Anyway man, great looking mod...enjoy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Of course not! Who wants to admit they bought cheap, chinese stuff and it turned out to be shit. Everyone will tell you to buy good, quality stuff backed by good companies and then people will try to save a buck and feel like a douche when the reality of it slaps them in the face. You'd get flamed for starting a thread about "I bought Chinese knockoff stuff and it was shit".:woot:

You know it does work both ways... people who spent a fortune on the most expensive name brand parts that have no real quality or performance difference need to justify their purchase over a best-cost alternative just as much.

And before your retort, not saying that is what's going on here in this specific situation with these products but your assumptions are a little one sided.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Maybe 'cuz their experience has been one sided..............:banghead

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Maybe 'cuz their experience has been one sided..............:banghead

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

"their" has never dealt with me rocky, it has been five years of slander and trash:clapper

the cans are not even made in china yet every post is saying that

thanks again to those who have supported me and done bizz i appreciate it but the rambling of those looking to be hateful and start crap and just the words of those who are hateful and looking to start crap:twocents

if you notice it is the same 4-5 people on EVERY thread after EVER post like clockwork, never stops

they all are on ignore for months some years and yet after every post some crap, gets old

thought this was a motorcycle forum and i post daily about bikes for others this is some lounge

·
Registered
947 Posts
the rambling of those looking to be hateful and start crap and just the words of those who are hateful and looking to start crap:twocents
at least you got one word correct in that senseless babble

1 - 20 of 33 Posts