Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Looks good man!!!! Of course, some of the supposed experts around here will rush in to tell you how "pedestrian" a VTR is.... but, then again, what do they know, they all kneel before an ancient V4 that forever tarnished the reputation of HRC....

FWIW, I absolutely love the way my VTR runs, but I am certain this would make mine feel like a Honda Monkey, lol Lucky man!!!

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
FWIW, the bike was built by Roger Ditchfield of Revolution Racing, the UK MOriwaki distributor and man charged with doing R&D on the VTR platform by HRC. It is a real racing bike. His racing VTRs were raced in the BSB series in the late 90s and put out about 155 bhp. Once the RC51 came out, development of the VTR stopped and Roger moved his efforts to the SP series.

He has proved to be an invaluable resource over the years for me (and many, many others on the vtr1000.org and superhawkforum.com sites as many of us have tweaked our VTRs, though no one to my knowledge has attempt to build a replica of the said racebikes)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANK YOU MICK /as usual

ref spec list : when ive got an hour or 2 !

i have had this on here before , but have had a re-spray to a more pleasing colour scheme / i couldnt get on with pink and yellow ??

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
WOW!!!! Yeti, this is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on owning such a rare and well tuned honda race/street bike.

I love the Mori replica/original paint scheme with matching wheels etc along with all the other mods.

Having owned a VTR1000 and an SP1 & highly modified SP2, I can truly appreciate the efforts put forth in this build.

Stunna

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW!!!! Yeti, this is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on owning such a rare and well tuned honda race/street bike.

I love the Mori replica/original paint scheme with matching wheels etc along with all the other mods.

Having owned a VTR1000 and an SP1 & highly modified SP2, I can truly appreciate the efforts put forth in this build.

Stunna

thanks stunna .
though i have to straight away say( as iv`e been accused before of just buying a good bike and not actually doing any of the work myself ?? ) that i myself ,other than the odd tyre and a paint job , have done none of the work to this bike .
its the last one of only six original bikes built( to my knowlage all the rest were crashed or broken up) that were raced in the UK BRITISH SUPERBIKE season
so rare as rocking horse poo !
mick is right 150 ish BHP though im not going to put it on a rolling road to test it as the previous owner did and blew the engine up !!
then had roger @ REVOLUTION RACING build him another one and then didnt use it again as damaged his back in a crash on another bike.
so the engine is pretty much in as new condition

so im a very lucky fella , and have to pinch myself every time i go out in the garage
is it for sale .. no ... will it ever be ? i very much hope not

hopefully very soon the stage 3 moriwaki bike will be finished being repaired by roger @ revolution and we can get those who think the VTR FIRESTORM un-worthy??? to eat ther hats / cant wait to see that one in action .
regards
YETI..

i was very lucky to be in the right place and time to be able to buy it pretty much as you see it

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yeah , yeah , keep talking , trying to justify an inferior design which Honda abandoned rightfully in favour of the TRUE homologated racing RC51 . What you've got there is a glorified , 155 HP grocery-getter that will never beat ... oh i don't know , even a certain 112 HP V4 with good intentions . Dream on brother .

P.S. Do you want to sell that POS ? What ?! Just trying to help you out .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey nomo :)
the RC51 is indeed a very good bike BUT !!! it would not be the bike it is without tuning firms like MORIWAKI and tuning legends like ROGER @ REVOLUTIONUK .
so in reality, without my daily shopper? where would the RC51 be ?? or would it ever have been ??
regards
YETI..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.