Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: My Laguna Pics (Mashuri)

I've never seen black and white checkers look quite that good before...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: My Laguna Pics (DocHolliday)

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm using a Canon 20D and I only brought two lenses for this trip:

Canon 100-400/F3.5-5.6L IS for the action shots
Sigma 18-50/F2.8 EX for the wide angle shots

All panning shots were taken hand-held at 1/125th shutter speed with IS set to Mode 2. Maybe 1 in 10 were keepers but my technique is improving!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: My Laguna Pics (998R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 998R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never seen black and white checkers look quite that good before...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tell me about it! That chick was the hottest of all the umbrella girls. They didn't want to take the photo with a Kawasaki (since they're Suzuki girls) but I gave them a line about yin and yang and the whole duality of it all and they bought it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great shots! But the umbrella girl on the left looks like she was in a hammer fight and dropped her hammer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: My Laguna Pics (Mashuri)

Very impressive, magazine quality for sure. The picture of Tony Elias is unreal the colors are so bright. I also liked the pic of EBoz too. How did you get Sete to look at you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: My Laguna Pics (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How did you get Sete to look at you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I yelled, "Who wants a year's supply of hair gel!"

It was a lucky shot. My guess is he's looking into the left turn (Turn 9) he's about to enter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (socal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by socal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great shots! But the umbrella girl on the left looks like she was in a hammer fight and dropped her hammer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You made the 'Soup, Mashuri!

http://www.superbikeplanet.com...eca/7/

Nice job!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just saw that! SWEET!!!!!!!!

I noticed that he called the F18s F14s instead. Perhaps the fact my images were named F18's weren't enough?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (socal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by socal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great shots! But the umbrella girl on the left looks like she was in a hammer fight and dropped her hammer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My hammer hasn't dropped for a while now!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Top Pix!

Very very nice photos there indeed.

Hey, that first Rossi pic, it looks like he’s counter-steering but the bike is right over already. You think it’s maybe slight rear wheel drift under power/engine braking?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (3stripes)

Thanks again, guys, for all the compliments. Like motorcycling, I'm finding photography to be a rewarding, yet expensive, hobby. My bank accounts may never recover but at least I'm having fun!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts