Speedzilla Forums banner

81 - 100 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
why the hose clamp around the Master Reservoir line? don't they make a cleaner looking piece to do the same thing?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
First, we wanted to continue blinging out the RCS a little bit, so I opted for a CNC red handlebar clamp, like the one seen on GP style masters.

Next, to celebrate our new partnership with Attack Performance, we decided to order a set of their rearsets, which have a very lightweight, racing inspired look and design. Another really cool thing about them, is they offer footpegs that are 10mm shorter, which we selected.

Lastly, we have ordered and acquired everything needed to complete one of our long-discussed projects and something I've wanted for some time.

All flashed and ready to go:

We've got a new OEM display, speed sensor and TC rotor on the way, as well as some other goodies I'll be posting about in due time.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Some new updates!

Some nice stuff came in -

OEM speedometer, TC rotor and and speed sensor:

RK's Chain Tool and the new EK ThreeD chain:

Both of these pieces are awesome. The chain is lighter and stronger than just about anything. It's a really innovative design. The chain breaker exceeded expectations greatly. We used it to break our RK GXW and removed a couple of links from the EK, all without any grinding. It didn't break a sweat!

TC installed!

I also took the opportunity to install new Driven sprockets.

More to come later.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
SO are you going to be running the stock TC Rear Rotor or is this an Add on that will work with your aftermarket rear rotor?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
The TC rotor is only used on the front. Yamaha uses the speed sensor off of the input shaft to determine rear wheel speed. All I basically had to do is modify the fork leg to accept the speed sensor. I'll post pics of the whole thing after Christmas.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Some new updates - We've got a lot of cool stuff coming in, in preparation for the new season.

Here's a teaser with a few of the new parts.

Attack Peformance Adjustable-Offset Triple Clamps As well as a couple of offsets, fork clamp for the Ohlins steering damper and an ignition mount, which may not be used.

Amazingly, these things are incredibly light! They look like they'd weigh as much as a boat anchor, but not so. Attack has done an amazing job on these. They look absolutely sweet and they should offer better front-end feel and more precise handling.

Next, we have the Graves Motorsports Clutch Kit and YEC Clutch Springs, for better engagement and feel.

Lastly, we upgraded our front wheel spacers to Fast Frank Racing tapered, captive billet units, to match our rear wheel. These keep the spacers from falling out, allow faster, easier wheel changes and we also dropped an ounce of weight.

More to come!

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
WHOLEY $H!T Justin, You've got one of the Badess @$$ R1s I've ever seen, and you have even MORE BIG UpDates coming! LMAO

I would love to know How Much $$$ You've got in her now? IF You had to Buy all those parts like the rest of us... I'm saying that because
I'm sure she's a rolling BillBoard for the Company.. Business paid for your parts..?:) I Hope for You anyhow.;) LOL

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Thanks, it's best that we don't tally up expenses, believe me! I appreciate the compliments. I do think we're nearing completion, although my "wish" list is still very long. It will probably never be quite done while I have it.

81 - 100 of 212 Posts