Speedzilla Forums banner

61 - 80 of 212 Posts

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I'm not too worried about it. i need to install my Brake lines off the 05 i built onto this one. to get rid of the stock Rubber lines.

I also have a set of Renthal Clip-ons to put on. but I've never actually drilled the bars for the little stock pins and I want to on this set up.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I drilled mine.

By the way - The Marchesini Genesi wheels will be going up for sale soon! I have a full set of rotors and two sprockets that can be included.

Here's a shot from Barber, pre chain adjusters.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
AKDMA,
Your R1 is a rolling work of art! I like how you integrated all of your parts and you build is the most SOLID R1 I've yet to see:D From your pic's you're a track beast, how long have you been riding track? In any case, I've enjoyed following the story of your R1; also I noticed that you're a distributor. Do you have parts like a CF rear tire hugger and front fender or know of where I can scoop them up for my RC51? I think they'd be functional and look sweet too :) WNC must be the sh#t because over here in ENC it's NOT!LOL You guys have nicer roads, we have a few but I'm sure no comparison to where you're at. A few of the Marines I ride with have been to TOTD but they said it's an 8 hour road trip. SICK. Love the R1 project!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thanks man! This is my first season of track stuff. WNC is definitely good for street riding, a lot of decent roads around here. The dragon is cool, but not one of my favorites, honestly. It's no good for a liter bike and there are bunch of risks there, mostly the other riders. If you ever get out this way, I'll show you some good stuff.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Thanks man! This is my first season of track stuff. WNC is definitely good for street riding, a lot of decent roads around here. The dragon is cool, but not one of my favorites, honestly. It's no good for a liter bike and there are bunch of risks there, mostly the other riders. If you ever get out this way, I'll show you some good stuff.

Agree'd, Your R1 is Sweet, No Doubt it!
Also about "The dragon" NOT being a favorite of mine either, at all, but for Me it's the HUGE 18 Wheelers that roll through there,:eek:
IMHO SHOULD Be Out Lawed!:confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks AKDMA! If I ever make it out there, I'd definitely need you for a tour guide! I can't believe TOTD isn't one of your favorite routes!!! i've seen killer Youtube videos on it and some pretty crap ones (bikers wrecking). I would just like to be able to SAFELY ride it one day because it's an iconic place for east coast bikers!:D

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Thanks AKDMA! If I ever make it out there, I'd definitely need you for a tour guide! I can't believe TOTD isn't one of your favorite routes!!! i've seen killer Youtube videos on it and some pretty crap ones (bikers wrecking). I would just like to be able to SAFELY ride it one day because it's an iconic place for east coast bikers!:D
I just don't care for it anymore. I used to, but it's usually really busy and genuinely, on a 1000cc bike it's just a bit too tight in a lot of it. It's perfect for a supermoto or 600. There are much nicer roads that are closer to me and I can comfortably ride in 2nd and 3rd gear with practically no traffic. I don't get out and ride street too much though.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Some new updates.

We decided to install a Cox Radiator Guard, to protect both our OEM and add on radiator. It's just a nice insurance policy.

Next, we opted to install a Motion Pro Revolver Throttle Kit

The kit is awesome. It gives you several options for throttle ratio and the reels are very simple to change out. We opted for the 45mm reel, which is 9 degrees quicker than the OEM 09+ R1 throttle.

We also decided to install a low-drag half lever for our RCS master cylinder.

Next was a long overdue upgrade - Proper front suspension. The Ohlins FPK and springs did very well, especially for their price point, but we opted to give them AMA treatment and go with the Ohlins 30mm NIX cartridge. The cartridges were modified in some areas to provide even better feel and a smoother stroke.

Our favorite road race tech, Brad, handling our installs.

Forks completed

All buttoned up!

We've got one more big update coming - Tomorrow our Superbike-Spec suspension linkages will be in!

We'll be testing the linkage this weekend at the track. I'll post up some photos when they arrive and when we get ours installed.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
If anyone needs a fresh TTX for the 09+ R1 at a smoking price, give me a shout. I've got one here that will be a great buy for someone.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
any difference noticeable on just a bounce test?

or you waiting till you ride to see how it does?

What are these going to be selling for?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Back from the track! The linkage worked amazingly. I've also been working on some new ECU settings to enhance low-TPS throttle inputs, which really helped opening the throttle earlier. With the new throttle, linkage, forks and ECU setup, the bike feels like a new machine.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I need to pull my ECU and send to you for a re-flash.

If I send you my ECU will you see what the last flash changed and see if you can improve it?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Unfortunately, no. These ECUs are write-only unless you open them up. Do you have a fuel module?
I had the ECU flashed and ECU Based Quickshifter installed then Had the dealership also do a PC-V and full Dyno Tune at the same time.

(which is why I had them do the flash at the same time.)

61 - 80 of 212 Posts