Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a few pictures of whats going on.

I cut the flywheel down and machined the idle gears.

The flatslides are still there. I am working on the throttle bodys right now. They are two wide for the stock 750 frame.
We are heading to the dyno in the morning. I am shooting for a 100hp in a old 750 sport.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What else are you doing to it to try and get 100hp? Certainly you arent using the old 750 motor, as it appears to be a dry clutch motor.

Just as a comparison, theres a guy on the DML with a n 800 Monster with MBP heads and the FIM unit and is in the 80s

Id really like to see the resulting dyno chart

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: My 1990 750Sport I'm building up (Neo)

Nice job, wish I had the time to do the same! Luv that classic Italian beauty, of course I'm somewhat bias. Later

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (Ducman851)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ducman851 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What else are you doing to it to try and get 100hp? Certainly you arent using the old 750 motor, as it appears to be a dry clutch motor.

Just as a comparison, theres a guy on the DML with a n 800 Monster with MBP heads and the FIM unit and is in the 80s

Id really like to see the resulting dyno chart </TD></TR></TABLE>
Me too!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 750 sport engine was a dry clutch one, as the 91' 750 supersport.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dyno has been moved til next week.
Ran out of time, Yeah They had dry clutch's on the sport.
I swapped in a STM slipper, The motor has a huge list of work done.
I cant wait. But Laguna calls. We need a 750sport parking area of our own.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: My 1990 750Sport I'm building up (Neo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Neo »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
We are heading to the dyno in the morning. I am shooting for a 100hp in a old 750 sport.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looking good Neo...if you get 100hp out of a 750 desmodue (w/o nitros, turbo, etc) you need to goto work for Ducati Corse. I was talking with Reckless_Kelly this past weekend at VIR, he has done pretty much everything to his 750 (784) and I doubt he is anywhere close to 100hp. Probably around 75 or 80. Charles are you around? But good luck with the dyno, a 100hp 750 would be a monster.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think these 750 sport were in stock condition dynoed at 72hp. Put good cams, good full exhaust system etc....and the 100Hp shouldn't be so far :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nevermind. Even if it does "only" 85 or 90, it will be a wonderfull one!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (El Gladiateur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by El Gladiateur »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nevermind. Even if it does "only" 85 or 90, it will be a wonderfull one!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

My thoughts exactly.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by El Gladiateur »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 750 sport engine was a dry clutch one, as the 91' 750 supersport.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanx for clearing that up, Im off to write I gotta pay attention 100 times ala Bart Simpson.
Either way it sounds like it'll be a hoot to ride.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

On my dyno a stock carbureted 750 makes about 56hp, at least the last M750 I had on it did. My personal '93 795 SS is now making about 83-84hp and is still quite streetable. (Pistal kit, 39mm flatslides on short runners, big valves, way too much time in the cylinder heads, etc) 100hp is a lofty (ahem) goal, for sure.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: (jhord)

Thanks Jager,
I got 82 rwhp out of my 92 750ss. Headwork, big valves, Vee-Two "race" cams, 784cc kit (From DP), 2-1 header, 39mm Kiehins, lightened and knife edged crank, light flywheel, and dyna coils. the bike has 74,000+ miles on it, 30,000+ in this form. Last dyno'd about 1 year ago in FL, and the motor is routinely rev'd to 10k. It's still streetable, and there aren't many 750 based motor that are more powerful.

BTW, the dyno before any work was done (slip-ons and jet kit) showed 51 rwhp. which means that I am now at more than 150% of stock HP.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I guess with all these High H.P. 750s coming out. My big bore motor should lay some good numbers down then....Woo Hooo

I am going to base it with flatslides then I am adding a 996 thottlebodys, on a custom intake.
and run it again.
See what I get.

list of mods
2004 d.s. motor with ported and flowed 2v heads, (lots of work )
high comp, 1mm oversized pistons
Rods
knifed crank
All rotational mass cut down in half.
ceramic bearings
and a few other toys.
Cams and STM adjustable pulleys on the way

I hope 100 hp is a good target number course 95 would be good too.
Dont tell anyone This bike makes a great sleeper.
I think next I want to mod a 3v into another one.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Neo, where did you find your aluminium fairing and seat fastener ?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Yeah after I started looking at the pics a little closer, I realized "that ain't no 750." :) Good luck with the DS, you should be able to reach your goal no problem.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jhord »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah after I started looking at the pics a little closer, I realized "that ain't no 750." :) Good luck with the DS, you should be able to reach your goal no problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanx JD my faith in myself has been somewhat restored

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The belt cover was the first semi-obvious clue, and then the cases started to "not look right," no matter the color. Sometimes I'm a little slow in the head. Heh. It's a pretty neat project though for sure. I thought my bike was a bit of a sleeper hot rod, but to have a built DS in a Sport chassis, that's super-stealthy, I like it.

Reckless Kelly- did you happen to do any independant testing of your Vee Two camshafts? Reason I ask, mine is still running a set of 900SS cams, and I've always wondered if the Vee Two cams would be what I need to start knocking on the door of 90hp. I've never used any of those in a 750.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jhord »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The belt cover was the first semi-obvious clue, and then the cases started to "not look right," no matter the color. Sometimes I'm a little slow in the head. Heh. It's a pretty neat project though for sure. I thought my bike was a bit of a sleeper hot rod, but to have a built DS in a Sport chassis, that's super-stealthy, I like it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear ya, Id love to see it run, Im in the middle of a sleeper project myself. Im buliding a 620 bottom end with 95mm pistons and MBP heads (eventually). Gonna throw it in my Monster racebike when done. Should be interesting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts