Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like Ducati started a decade ago, it looks like MV is going to offer a base model Brutale using a 920cc engine and a significantly lower price.

New, 2011-Model MV Agusta Brutale 920 Designed For Comfort And Performance News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

BTW, this bike is priced at 12k euros, no price in dollars yet. It should be noted the 2010 990R and 1090R were priced at 15.5k and 18.5k Euros, with a $15k and $18k US price, respectively.

So if they bring it here, the Brutale Dark should be $12k or maybe even a bit less.

For $12k, this one would be tough to beat. For just a bit more than a Kawa Z1000 or the new Honda CB1000

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Really? You think it looks better than the new Z1000?

Just kidding. :p

that would be on my high list if they don't kill off the suspension too much to make it cheap.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Like Ducati started a decade ago, it looks like MV is going to offer a base model Brutale using a 920cc engine and a significantly lower price.

For $12k, this one would be tough to beat. For just a bit more than a Kawa Z1000 or the new Honda CB1000
If indeed it happens, for 12K$ it's a bargain :woot:

Wise move by MV, finnaly some commercial sense over the years.

That said, I'll have my MV red/silver or preferably something that commemorates Giacomo Agostini's GP bike white/red/blue scheme.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep...and priced right also, at least that's what they're saying....2012 though.
$13.5k? With Suzuki GSXR600 going for nearly twelve grand MSRP, who would buy the Gixxer when for just a bit more you could have the MV.

It will be interesting when/if Ireland defaults and Spain & Portugal follow their lead, this will crash the Euro to parity or lower with the dollar. Could be some great bargains from the EU if this happens.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Looks okay, a little edgy looking, hate the headlight, gutless pipey powerband probably hard to maintain and impossible to get parts for.

For me this is a true naked muscle bike and it came before all the imitations started popping up.

Suzuki B-King and their is No Replacement For Displacement___period

If you want power seek no more it has plenty and it handles mighty good also. Want to wheelie, just twist the grip, want to smoke the rear, just twist the grip and the main thing, want reliability while abusing it, buy Japanese;)

One year model in the states and I am glad to say I own that year, 2008.

Crappy BB pic of mine and it is a work in progress at the moment. A Brocks full system shorty is in the works along with a ECU re-flash 'ala what wakes up so many Busa's. I have the PAIR system gone, EVAP system gone, EVXA valve in the stock pipe gone and the tail has been cleaned up and is still being refined. In the end no under tail exhaust will be on it after the full system Brocks upgrade. That will take place over the winter. I am currently swamped right now with a 20x20 shop construction taking place on my property.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts