Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looks to me like this guy wasn't hanging off enough. You can hear him drag some hard parts before he gets ejected.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Listen to that throttle...

He is moving around alot and also off / on the throttle. It was bound to happen... especially when you are posing and the bystanders are there watching...:notworthy

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
perfect recipe for disaster!!! completely wrong body position--not hanging off, elbows locked, he's down toward the apex, then back out, then down again, then he spots the guy in the road with a camera :)wtf) --target fixation---so---he floats outside (again) hits the marbles, looses the rear, chops the throttle----lift off!!!
Didn't do anything right!!! Shouldn't be out there.:notworthy

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
So I assume all this newfangled traction control is for guys like this?

Back in the day, say 2002, you "only" had 130 hp and the only TC was how far you pulled the cable that mechanically opened the throttle butterflys.

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
this guy would have prolly still crashed, even with TC!! He was running wide anyway:banghead

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Stop the video just before the highside and notice how a bike's front
wheel naturally steers into a slide if the rider keeps their arms bent
and their grip loose on the bars... what may aggravate the highside at
this point is if the rider tenses up or turns the bars to straighten
up the bike... I think the back end comes around to just a wee bit far
to be saved no matter what body position was used...

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
this guy would have prolly still crashed, even with TC!! He was running wide anyway:banghead
He did look like he dropped his elbow and went to full throttle while the bike was leaned over fully. Practically any bike with 100+ hp would have spit him off.

maybe he thought the DMS was set on the C-map and some prankster switched it to A before his run...

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
ive seen so many idiots eat shit on that turn...its the easiest turn in the world too.
its perfect radius (never pulls in or out) it has a perfect camber that loads your suspension perfectly, you can see clearly through the turn, its slightly uphill so you dictate the speed, theyt pavement is perfect and grippy (specially when sunny)......but numbnuts after numbnuts take it and display an array of ignorance and rookieness that almost always lands a handful of them tarmac surfing in front of everyone watching.

The other problem is the morons coming down hill...crossing into the uphill lane because they dont know how to keep a bike in line while it gains speed on them, sending the poor bastard coming uphill into the dirt and ditching it before hitting the hillside...while deuchebag disappears downhill as if nothing happened.

sorry.....i just cant stand Mulholland now days, used to be so much fun.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
very different scenario man, c'mon...really?

for the Drift video (and you know this already) they closed the road! they had a full production company with hired CHP officers! at each end making sure the road was locked up, it was literally "professional driver in a closed road"..... how is that the same as these morons doing it with traffic going in both direction during a busy weekend with zero control?

is like saying its no different than for me to take out my car and drive around Long Beach at 150mph and 4 wheel drifting all over downtown right now because they race Indy and Drift USA there....

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
U know I hate drifting and I knew that would get u worked up. Win, win for me!:woot: Drifting is gay and so is the squid on the Gixxer 750!:rockon

They should've closed the road off so squidboy wouldn't have felt compelled to try to look cool in front of the camera.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I used to worry about clowns like the guy in the video around that set of bends, now I worry about the spectators that take videos like this one. I counted 4 "encampments" (for lack of a better word) with Sportsmobiles, motorhomes and scores of people egging riders and drivers on whilst advertising their photo businesses like "rockstorephotos.com" and variations of that same theme. I have outgrown that whole scene.

·
Registered
969 Posts
ive seen so many idiots eat shit on that turn...its the easiest turn in the world too.
its perfect radius (never pulls in or out) it has a perfect camber that loads your suspension perfectly, you can see clearly through the turn, its slightly uphill so you dictate the speed, theyt pavement is perfect and grippy (specially when sunny)......but numbnuts after numbnuts take it and display an array of ignorance and rookieness that almost always lands a handful of them tarmac surfing in front of everyone watching.

The other problem is the morons coming down hill...crossing into the uphill lane because they dont know how to keep a bike in line while it gains speed on them, sending the poor bastard coming uphill into the dirt and ditching it before hitting the hillside...while deuchebag disappears downhill as if nothing happened.

sorry.....i just cant stand Mulholland now days, used to be so much fun.
It is a dangerous turn in my opinion. There is often debris in the turn from cars entering the roadway from the shoulder. The turn is off camber. Spectators & photographers in the shoulder are a distraction esp for newer riders. Cars unexpectedly exit/enter the shoulders of the turn.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

·
calculating status...
1,667 Posts
I counted 4 "encampments" (for lack of a better word) with Sportsmobiles, motorhomes and scores of people egging riders and drivers on whilst advertising their photo businesses like "rockstorephotos.com" and variations of that same theme. I have outgrown that whole scene.
I've never been there and I've outgrown it.

I guess this is real, huh? There was another thread here about an RC51 riding some road in California near a well known gathering spot. Anyway, there was a photo and I thought, "What the hell, are there people hiding in the bushes with cameras alongside a public roadway?"

Like I said. Weird.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts