Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MrGerm seems to be having a problem with his PC as his threads keep getting deleted. But you can respond in this one as my PC is working fine. Anyway, as per the below, he is turning over a new leaf by putting half the forum on ignore!:clapper Your thoughts?

I am changing, really i am

I would like to thanks BSess for his huge push and for jamie the troll for his unreletless one handed clapping, i could not have turned that corner with out youz

i have put the last few more on ignore list and that should about at least take the temptation away to banter back with these trolls at least so hopefully a quieter Markis

no more from me, the up and up i promise

changed i am

·
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What was the meltdown this time?
He got bitchslapped by someone and had a complete meltdown.

Frank, U going to the DMG/Buell/AMA races at NJMP? Was thinking of scoring some free tix (can't bring myself to pay for them) and driving down there to make fun of them. Can scoop you up on the way outta the city.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
This is like an episode from The Outer Limits. Some guy who has spent an enormous part of his time picking fights and then crying because everyone thinks that he is a complete idiot, then posts some sort of mea culpa holding out an olive branch.....then repeatedly deletes any posts on his Rodney King moment. When the going gets weird, the weird get weirder. :wacky

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
He got bitchslapped by someone and had a complete meltdown.

Frank, U going to the DMG/Buell/AMA races at NJMP? Was thinking of scoring some free tix (can't bring myself to pay for them) and driving down there to make fun of them. Can scoop you up on the way outta the city.
Thank you for the generous offer but I'll actually be part of my buds pitcrew who will be racing in the DSB class for the next two rounds (VIR & NJ). If you happen to get in by the paddock area and see a blue/tan bus with a black trailer and blue R6 #43, come say hi!

Hoping to get some awesome pics too, since I wont be heading to Indy this yr. :mad:

·
2,737 Posts
Let's see how it goes.
Banned on several forums
Blocked X people here
Explodes with the slightest reaction to his posts

Methinks Mr. Margerine can't hold it in for long. Now where's that popcorn emoticon.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
This is like an episode from The Outer Limits. Some guy who has spent an enormous part of his time picking fights and then crying because everyone thinks that he is a complete idiot, then posts some sort of mea culpa holding out an olive branch.....then repeatedly deletes any posts on his Rodney King moment. When the going gets weird, the weird get weirder. :wacky
Actually, when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
hhahahah this is pure hilarity.

anyways I think I'll throw some shit in the pot just for giggles... here goes...

I go back home over the summer and meet up with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in months. We decide to do a track day and bring our machines along. I notice one of my buddies with some CF bits (I had discussed some time before about selling him some raw materials so that he could do some palying around with composites but I couldn't remember whether I actually ended up supplying him or not, but I thought I did...) on his RC and say, "hey those, look nice, did you make those? they look great" (for a first time I was thinking)

here is the funny part..... then he says"those are mrgrn parts" and I burt out laughing, saying those look like shit! "I thought you laid those yourself, they looked good for a first time" We both laughed a bit . The case cover etc were all lumpy, uneven, thick with exces resin and full of voids and micro air bubbles. it was a really funny situation:D

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
The weave texture of CF parts typically makes them difficult to really make out in pictures. Interesting to hear some first-hand accounts.

They seem to be very difficult to make flawless in large flat surfaces, especially unpainted where you cannot do any touch-ups. I remember an issue of Italian Bike (anyone remember this, lasted all of 9 issues) that had a big-bore MV. Even in the pictures you could see the weave pattern imprinted through and showing in the fairings after painting. I'm not sure who made those parts, maybe QC carbon, I don't recall.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts

anyways I think I'll throw some shit in the pot just for giggles... here goes...

I go back home over the summer and meet up with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in months. We decide to do a track day and bring our machines along. I notice one of my buddies with some CF bits (I had discussed some time before about selling him some raw materials so that he could do some palying around with composites but I couldn't remember whether I actually ended up supplying him or not, but I thought I did...) on his RC and say, "hey those, look nice, did you make those? they look great" (for a first time I was thinking)

here is the funny part..... then he says"those are mrgrn parts" and I burt out laughing, saying those look like shit! "I thought you laid those yourself, they looked good for a first time" We both laughed a bit . The case cover etc were all lumpy, uneven, thick with exces resin and full of voids and micro air bubbles. it was a really funny situation:D
Where do you get your CF mat and epoxy resin from? I am thinking of doodling around with it.

·
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Funny story!:clapper

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Where do you get your CF mat and epoxy resin from? I am thinking of doodling around with it.

Your best bet would be to search on line for large suppliers. This is the cheapest way to get everything but you also have to buy larger amounts. If you want just some smaller amounts you will prob have to pay a higher prices, local retaliers are usualy the most convenient in this regard.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
I get my supplies from uscomposites.com might not be the cheapest around, but the service is second to none.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Depending on the size of the project you can try here too> AEROSPACE Composite Products Catalog Home Page or Products Index::CST-The Composites Store, Inc.

Dont laugh.....:woot: .......but I used to build/fly r/c sailplanes many yrs ago. So I saved a few of these sites a long time ago. Oh and unless things have changed a lot in the last decade, West Systems Epoxy is the BEST sh!t you can buy. A bit pricier than other epoxies but very good stuff, I'd say stay away from the poly resins.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.