Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my clutch slave yesterday.

Not used to the feel, the pull changed so much that I thought it wasn't working ( I was cussing and swearing LOL), until I changed gears.

Holly Crap! It really made a huge difference. Hopefully my days of sore wrist are over.

The only issue I had was leaking from the banjo bolt which was remedied by using two copper washers (generally on us one), and it seems to have stopped the problem.

I got clear silver and it also looks pretty trick. I'll post some pics when I get home.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Glad to hear it made a huge difference. i was skeptical as i have not really seen anyone post feedback on it(except mark). and well he is the one that sells them so they have to be magical(I have no problems with mark).

Post pics so we can check it out.

Do you have a hydro clutch on your CRF450? if not get one. They are freaking awesome for tight tracks were you need to downshift and slip the clutch a lot. I loved mine.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a hydro clutch on your CRF450? if not get one. They are freaking awesome for tight tracks were you need to downshift and slip the clutch a lot. I loved mine.
I thought about getting one. But, on the other hand I really like the feel I get from the cable set up on it. Kinda funny, some people on here swap their hydros out for cable set ups and in the sumo world it's the opposite. My biggest gripe about hydros is the heavy pull I had on my RC that after awhile would really give me some serious arm pump.

I've been on the look out for awhile for a solution and Mark had one. The other was spending a huge amount of money on a cable conversion which I can't justify spending at the moment.

I've personally never had any problems with the guy. Obviously some people do on here so like 3Stripes said:

You know you are going to get a shit storm of rants from his haters right? Just a heads up. :D
Yes I do

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I know. It's kinda funny how that works. I don't think it has to do with one system being better than the other(what they do is the same). I honestly think it is all about the Bling factor. (now I am sure someone is gonna say it isn't Cable is better/ or hydro is better/ blah blah blah I don't really care. lol)

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Glad to hear it made a huge difference. i was skeptical as i have not really seen anyone post feedback on it(except mark). and well he is the one that sells them so they have to be magical(I have no problems with mark).

the larger bore slave has been made by a few companies(i have them all) and it has been a charm on many a 2004 CBR1000rr as well as my RC30 and RC51 for years. I am surprised there are not more 51 buyers of these as they do make a big difference in the pull IMO

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
I just installed my clutch slave yesterday.

Not used to the feel, the pull changed so much that I thought it wasn't working ( I was cussing and swearing LOL), until I changed gears.

Holly Crap! It really made a huge difference. Hopefully my days of sore wrist are over.

The only issue I had was leaking from the banjo bolt which was remedied by using two copper washers (generally on us one), and it seems to have stopped the problem.

I got clear silver and it also looks pretty trick. I'll post some pics when I get home.

Glad to hear it worked out well and you are happy.

Thanks again for the support i appreciate it:)

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
IThe only issue I had was leaking from the banjo bolt which was remedied by using two copper washers (generally on us one), and it seems to have stopped the problem.
Mark, it this normal? My reason for asking is I just bought one.
This is the first i have heard of it and i am unsure how this could have happened, or to be honest how the second washed could fix it but if it worked amen:D

if it is a issue i have no issues 1000% on making it right and i would not worry about it i have sold many of these and all of them are still on bikes years later.

I have a couple left at this price as well as 2 sets of billet clip-ons. I can slso do a package deal for two or more of these and or a set of clips and slave combined

·
Registered
947 Posts
You shouldn't double up crush washers they do make 2 diffrent thickness crush washers for banjo bolts.
semantical

honestly it can't make a difference if tightened properly excpet for the anal:D
mrleen with his failpost analysis yet again!

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
For me the pull is NO big deal... as I am Very Strong... I swapped Mine out for Thorsten's Cable Clutch 100%
for the "FEEL" and Nothing else. However, the side benefit of the COOL:cool: Bling Factor is nice too... ;) HAHAhaa

OH I forgot to mention, beside an incredible amount of feel, "clutch lever pull" IS now Super Light as well! Sheasss
How could I for get to mention that...

·
ole dirt bastard
998 Posts
For me the pull is NO big deal... as I am Very Strong... I swapped Mine out for Thorsten's Cable Clutch 100%
for the "FEEL" and Nothing else. However, the side benefit of the COOL:cool: Bling Factor is nice too... ;) HAHAhaa

OH I forgot to mention, beside an incredible amount of feel, "clutch lever pull" IS now Super Light as well! Sheasss
How could I for get to mention that...
this may be my answer also.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I swapped Mine out for Thorsten's Cable
I wanted to go that route, but don't have the funds at the moment. I have to admit, I'm envious of that mod.

It's funny because, on supermoto's everyone is trying to add hydraulic clutches and ditch the cable ones. I personally like the cable clutches over the hydro for the same reason you described. So, the cable clutch stays on the crf450r.

Don't know if anyone thought of this, but it may be possible to modify a sv650 clutch slave to work on an RC51 as a cheap cable clutch mod.

It comes as a unit that just bolts to the engine.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts