Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my Hotbodies plastic in and I'm slowly working through getting it mounted up. A couple of questions though...

1. The tail doesn't seem like it wants to fit over the subframe with all of the electronics and stuff mounted on the outside. Should I move what I can inside the subframe, bend the hell out of the tail piece and hope it doesn't break, or cut the bottom of the tail piece for more clearance?

2. What is the best way to fasten the new plastic to the existing quarter-turn connectors on the side? I left them on the OEM plastic when I sold them not thinking I'd need them. :banghead Is there a DZUS fastener that works with it, or should I just order 2 replacements from Service Honda?

·
'51 Freak
164 Posts
#1 Usually the tail will fit without removing everything...a little hairy though, on how much you have to spread it to fit. Try approaching from the left-rear, and get the left side "started" then pull the tail apart to slide around the right side.

#2 Get the Service Honda replacements so you can switch back to the stock fairings without too much hassle. On the OEM fairings, you cannot remove them. I used some red loc-tite on two washers(i know...half ass) and the spacing was perfect.

·
Munky
532 Posts
My friend has a hotbodies set and we just trimmed the underside of the tail section to give it alittle more room. Just like RC IZ said start on the left side get it over the rectifier and then work the right side over the rear brake res. Once you get the hang of it and the feel for the tail it will be easier.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all! I trimmed about 1/2" on both sides of the underside and it went on fairly easily! Go figure... The front fender sucks. The rear "tabs" are over an inch too long, and they're so flimsy that one of them was already broken. Guess I'll just drop the $$$ on the CF one on the shelf at the local shop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts