Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have some CRG hindsight mirrors from my last bike that I am wanting to put on the RC. I decided to mount them today while I was installing my new Shogun Bar sliders. On my last bike the mirrors clamped onto the bars, but the RC doesnt have any room on the ends of the bars. CRG also makes some mounting harware for Hollow bars, but the RC doesn thave hollow bars.

I noticed the inside of the bar is threaded, but it appears as though I could remove the entire threaded assembly leaving a hollow bar. Is this right?

For those of you that have these mirrors, how did you mount them?

thanks guys,
Chris

http://www.constructorsrg.com/products/street/hindsight.html

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
DucGasm said:
Hey guys, I have some CRG hindsight mirrors from my last bike that I am wanting to put on the RC. I decided to mount them today while I was installing my new Shogun Bar sliders. On my last bike the mirrors clamped onto the bars, but the RC doesnt have any room on the ends of the bars. CRG also makes some mounting harware for Hollow bars, but the RC doesn thave hollow bars.

I noticed the inside of the bar is threaded, but it appears as though I could remove the entire threaded assembly leaving a hollow bar. Is this right?

For those of you that have these mirrors, how did you mount them?

thanks guys,
Chris

http://www.constructorsrg.com/products/street/hindsight.html
Chris, I have the little CRG bar end mounting kit on mine. That sells for about 20 bucks. You take out your barend, put in this gizmo, and the mirror clamps to that. I just took mine off for a trackday, and haven't put it back on. But, just get the little kit and it will be a piece of cake. By the way, the bar end mirror works nice too.

·
Sign of Eth
612 Posts
If you have any old handle bars laying around(7/16") take a pipe cutter and cut a 1/4" peice off the bars, next remove the bar end off of the bike slide in the 1/4" peice of bar were the bar end was, then remount the bar end, it will be sticking out a 1/4" farther your mirror will clamp right on to the inner part of the bar end that was left exposed, put some lock tight on the screw to the bar end.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried mounting them straigh ton the bar ends with no luck. It appears thebar ends are too large in diameter for the mounting hardware. I am interested in a better explination or pics.

Does anyone know if you can remove what ever is inside the OEM bar that the bar weights screw into? If i could remove this, I could mount the mirrors with some additional parts from CRG.

TIA
Chris

·
Sign of Eth
612 Posts
DucGasm said:
I tried mounting them straigh ton the bar ends with no luck. It appears thebar ends are too large in diameter for the mounting hardware. I am interested in a better explination or pics.

Does anyone know if you can remove what ever is inside the OEM bar that the bar weights screw into? If i could remove this, I could mount the mirrors with some additional parts from CRG.

TIA
Chris
Let me see if I can simplifie this all you are doing as I described above is extending the bar end out a 1/4" which exposes the "INNER" bar end beyond the grip and the mirror should fit around the inner part of the bar end, however I think CRG sale an adapter kit for the RC as does Dennis Kirk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts