Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, got some pictures of Simon's Ladybird HRC/TSR replica exhaust on my project bike. Sorry, the bike is not complete and no sound clips....i haven't even heard my RC run in 3 years now :(. But anyway, here is my setup. It is an SP1, but has an SP2 Swing arm swap, and SP2 Subframe, Ohlins rear shock, TSR Rearsets, and Thorstens Hidden ISR brake caliper setup (Thanks Kurt :D). Brake switch on the Rearset was in the way so i removed it and will go with a banjo bolt switch, also the rearsets still needed a spacer (refer to pics). But it's a beautiful setup and install was very easy, everything fit together very nicely and lined up perfect.:)

DSCF0144 by gts455, on Flickr

DSCF0137 by gts455, on Flickr

DSCF0138 by gts455, on Flickr

DSCF0139 by gts455, on Flickr

DSCF0141 by gts455, on Flickr

DSCF0142 by gts455, on Flickr

DSCF0143 by gts455, on Flickr

DSCF0145 by gts455, on Flickr

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow...looks awesome Paul, fitment is top notch correct? I'm so jealous.

Wish I had some extra flow right now but reno's around the house and a nasty ex-wife...:eek:

Keep us posted on the build bro!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LMAO... +1 Still LMAO:D
yeah, i'm laughing too.....and crying inside a bit:D

Looking good! So when will you start it up??? I bet the motivation to get the project wrapped up has increased quite a bit now.
haha yeah, i wish man. I'm just never happy with it, everytime i think i'm close to getting fairings on etc.....i tear it all apart again because something seems out of place. its sad and i probably need RC51 HRC Therapy:rolleyes:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After closer inspection today, the TSR rearsets brake lever is rubbing the exhaust....even with spacers, so i not quite sure what to do. it does not look like the rearsets are going to work with this exhaust.:(

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, i already had pretty large spacers on there....i was uncomfortable with the ones i had on, and they still wouldn't work. Hopefully, Ladybird makes those HRC rearsets, specifically for the exhaust, with a heat shield for the master cylinder as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great man, can't wait to see the finished product. I saw the ape hiding in one of the pics...
Thanks man, yeah the ape is back there. She's got some 54mm TB's coming in the mail with a new eprom too. That'll be it for that bike, nothing else i can do to it without doing a 1060cc job on the motor, and i'm never going to do that, especially with the RC the way it is.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
After closer inspection today, the TSR rearsets brake lever is rubbing the exhaust....even with spacers, so i not quite sure what to do. it does not look like the rearsets are going to work with this exhaust.:(
Hey mang., if adding bigger spacers is not working... I would try this.... remove the rear set and put the mounting points in a lead, or brass lined vise. Then apply some heat and try to slowly tweak them out, right from then main mounting points.. what do you think? There's a special way to heat this, so it won't break.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey mang., if adding bigger spacers is not working... I would try this.... remove the rear set and put the mounting points in a lead, or brass lined vise. Then apply some heat and try to slowly tweak them out, right from then main mounting points.. what do you think? There's a special way to heat this, so it won't break.

That's a possibility, the problem is it will need a good 9-12mm of space right now in the rear. Its literally right on the pipe, i can't even move the lever. So not sure if that is just too much tweaking, but it could be an option, or maybe a slight tweak used in conjunction with a spacer would be ok.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thanks man, yeah the ape is back there. She's got some 54mm TB's coming in the mail with a new eprom too. That'll be it for that bike, nothing else i can do to it without doing a 1060cc job on the motor, and i'm never going to do that, especially with the RC the way it is.
Right on man. Your Ape doesn't get jealous now, does she?

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
sato's work ok but need spacers to bring the rearout out
On the TSR system with the photos below it looks like they had to bring out a bit
But I think the solutions is with the nut and bolt that connections the rear cylinder to the lever

Im sure the problem at the moment is just a couple of mm or so,so you can shave the spacer down holding the rod to the brake lever,change the bolt or nut holding rear cylinder to the lever
the rearsets are 4 position
have you tried in another position

ALSO as shown on the bike the sato rearsets have a different rear cylinder rod conector
looks like one of those might the solution maybe

OR you can add a couple of spacer on the billeted mount on the other side of the exhaust to bring the header in a few mm

and remember the suspension reservoir on all twins is right next to the hottest part of the exhaust,and they seem to work ok on ducati's,RC51's etc
I dont think you will have to worry about your rear brake cylinder boiling up etc...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.