Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a work bench/service station to work on my RS250.
The only ones I can find are the ones with hydrolic lift.
I do not own a compressor powerful enough for the lift, neither can I afford the $1200 hydrolic lift tables I have found so far.

Are there any work benches with manual lift and/or ramp option?

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the Ranger RML-750HD lift, and it's amazing. Probably (definitely) overkill for what i use it for.

Has a drop out rear, with poles to suspend the rear of the bike from, which i never use since it's just wide enough to throw the pitbull on and just use that. Had 12" extensions that can go on both sides, one side acts as a parts tray, the other for ATVs and something with a little more width. Combination hydraulic and pneumatic, i just use the hydraulic foot pump. Thing can hold like 1600 pounds, and drops down to 7" off the ground
Ranger RML-750HD

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you keep an eye out in motorcycle magazines, you can often find a cupon for the harbor freight deal for $280. I use this lift with a baxley sport chock for my own stuff. Can't beat the setup!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ran around $700-$1000. My friend does all the wrenching on my bike, and doesn't charge, so i buy him a gift once a year, and this was one of them since before we were uses rear and front stands. And a couple people use his garage, so wanted one that could lift everything from a scooter to a trike.

·
Registered
480 Posts
$40 from Harbor Freight. Of course you need a good mounting point.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I am very surprised and sadden to see how many of you deal with "harbor freight":banghead I guess I really shouldn't be surprised though, as this is the way of Our Country and IF WE don't change Ourselves and OUR Buying habits,..... well, you got what we have.:(

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am very surprised and sadden to see how many of you deal with "harbor freight":banghead I guess I really shouldn't be surprised though, as this is the way of Our Country and IF WE don't change Ourselves and OUR Buying habits,..... well, you got what we have.:(
I fully agree with you, however don't we ride foreign motorcycles

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I fully agree with you, however don't we ride foreign motorcycles
AND foriegn cars (mostly) not to mention 98% of items including our complete house furniture, everythiing my kids play with, everything they wear (gymboree) ALL was assembled in Asia mostly China.
Its extremely hard and very expensive to buy US made products for the most part.
But I get what you are saying.
Its just the world we live in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts