Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else watch this complete waste of a hour show on discovery channel? It's about this girl who's into sport bikes. She goes to purchase a Kawisaki ZX6R (636 model) and goes off to race it. She spends half of the show trying to decide on what color to paint the bike and when she puts it back together so leaves it basically stock (safty wire only). It looks like she took the STOCK bodywork and destroyed it with this ugly pink paintjob. My god talk about stupidity...

Sorry had to vent. They should have did the show on BALLS bike or LDH's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
that was my same thoughts, There are a lot of other qualified female roadracers that could have been alot more interisting, I turned it off after about 15 min... the bike build off was better that that and that was pretty lame also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Motorcycle Girl (drthompson65)

No, I missed that but I did just see a KFC commercial with a silver R1 doing a burnout and a bunch of ghetto crap talking about being "hometown". I think I'll throwup now...Kentucky Fried Rat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm on the west coast... watching it right now...

i need another 12 pack... sheesh
not like she's paying for the paint job (courtesy of discovery channel I hope)
imagine all the race goodies she could put on it for the cash that the hideous paint costs!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Pathetic. Waste all that time on a shitty looking paint scheme and no time spent on suspension set up or revalving.

And what the hell was with that fashion show?
Normally a company or designer puts on a show for their products, but it didn't seem there was anyone behind the show.

That show was so bad it makes me want to sell my sportbike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Motorcycle Girl (Latebraker)

Then too top it all off she has no idea what she wants as far as paint. When they finally get the paintwork dont they have to wait for her to show up and totally screw their schedule up, then the dude has to help her mount the bodywork cuz "she musta missed the bracket making class"

I think someone on the show put it best, what a primma donna

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Motorcycle Girl (998Junkie)

But on a positive note...

Did anyone watch Mythbusters tonight? I love that show! This one was one of the best yet. The guys blow up an airliner, tie a cable to the axle of a remote controlled cop car trying to replicate the scene in American Graffiti, and use a .22 caliber bullet as a fuse to see if a guy can really blow his nuts off like that famous urban legend tells it.

Man, how do you get a job on that show?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I fell asleep in the recliner before it came on
Sounds like I didn't miss much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Motorcycle Girl (BALLS)

Mythbusters is great. I missed the last show. So did the .22 thing work? oops did we just hyjack this thread?
The show about the chick racing did suck, at least the last 20 mins I saw. However, they did show sportbikes being used as they were intended and in the appropriate enviornment with proper gear. She was a bit snobby but maybe a few more track days and she will start to come around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That show was a waste of my time. Did she say she is not a poser? She is the definition of a Poser.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (spdrcrx)

There are a LOT of pissed off chicks out there that saw right thru the producers favorite blowjob queen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Duc)

I thought the show sucked but she was kinda hot though...........
Mythbusters is awesome as well!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Motorcycle Girl (AZ Scott)

Mythbusters rocks! We need to think of some motorcycle myth for them to test and then send them up to Hwy 9 to test it (Mythbusters is filmed in the bay area).

On another note with that Motorcycle girl show.. I was thinking about how at the end the Kawasaki Factory team mention how fast this girl was. This girl was on a ZX6R (636 model) racing in the 600CC Supersport race. Well if I had 36cc more I think I would be able to keep up with the pack...:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

THe Mythbusters was a rerun. But it still rocked. My personal favorite list includes the one with the 'Vette and the dead pigs, and the one where they got hammered in the Police Station.

But back to the Leghump Show du jour.
Did anyone else wonder why she was racing in the lightweight class on a damn ZX6R? Granted, I don't race, but I have read the rules for the CMRA, and last I checked the lightweight classes were for bikes like the SV and FZR400's. Maybe them Canadians just do things a bit differently.
I only watched the last 1/2 of the show and I was making fun of her after 2 minutes. If Discovery really wanted to do a documentary about a Female racer, there are way more interesting and qualified racers out there than that girl.

meh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I wonder who she blew to get the coverage.
If they want to check out a fast girl, they should take a look at Jessica Zalusky from the CRA. Damn she is one fast chick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Motorcycle Girl (CRA_fizzer)

I just checked out "speedybikegirls.com", all I can say is the one redeeming thing is a picture of her from the rear in a pair of jeans that were WORKIN!.

Like anything, its not about skill, or talent in your chosen field, its about skill and talent in self promotion. Almost any of you successful racers will agree.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Motorcycle Girl (angrydave)

I can't believe they aired that show.It was useless.
What an attitude from a wannabe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
friggin' embarrassing, I watched about 2 min. before changing channels.

Discovery channels ratings must have dropped so fast during that show.........you could hear the whoosh!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts