Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: MOTOGP- Nurbur... uhh... Sachsenring (999)

That track has the most bizarre layout of any track I have ever seen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummmm yeaaaahhh (Lumbergh), I'm gonna have to go with Rossi winning this one too, um kay. LOL
You know he'll end up winning it in the end, even though he dislikes the track.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: MOTOGP- Nurbur... uhh... Sachsenring (999)

OK...I know it is only practice but...

Amazing that Jacque is right behind Edwards!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">amazing that all those people are ahead of Rossi</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, it is....right up until the red lights go out and then he checks out. Like a bunch of shadow boxers who look awesome until they actually get into the ring and then, pow, lights out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, if you read what's going on, both Colin and Rossi have what hey are calling "very serious" stability problems. Rossi absolutely HATES this track, more than Laguna, and he had his first serious crash of the season at practice, left him shaken according to some inteviews. Hopefully they can pull out of it. Love to see them both on th epodium again, they are like little kids when they both get on there. Apparantly Nicky has been the crowd favorite all day, pulling some of his sideways antics all around the track. He said he wasn't showing off, simply that it was the only way he was getting the better times out of the track. Colin confirmed by saying that if you try being smooth, your times drop, you have to be very agressive and let the bike hang out, which the Yamaha doesn't do well at all.

Of course, non of it matters, Rossi is Rossi at the end of the day.

Free practice times (combined) - Sachsenring.

1. Alex Barros BRA Camel Honda 1min 23.808 secs
2. Sete Gibernau SPA Team Movistar Honda 1min 23.915 secs
3. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 1min 23.995 secs
4. Carlos Checa ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 24.054 secs
5. Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 24.113 secs
6. Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 1min 24.13 secs
7. Max Biaggi ITA Repsol Honda Team 1min 24.248 secs
8. Troy Bayliss AUS Camel Honda 1min 24.258 secs
9. Colin Edwards USA Gauloises Yamaha Team 1min 24.32 secs
10. Kenny Roberts USA Team Suzuki MotoGP 1min 24.382 secs
11. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 24.389 secs
12. John Hopkins USA Team Suzuki MotoGP 1min 24.4 secs
13. Valentino Rossi ITA Gauloises Yamaha Team 1min 24.508 secs
14. Marco Melandri ITA Team Movistar Honda 1min 24.513 secs
15. Olivier Jacque FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 24.752 secs
16. Toni Elias SPA Fortuna Yamaha Team 1min 25.068 secs
17. Alex Hofmann GER Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 25.07 secs
18. Roberto Rolfo ITA D'Antin Ducati Pramac 1min 25.076 secs
19. Ruben Xaus SPA Fortuna Yamaha Team 1min 25.349 secs
20. Shane Byrne GBR Team Roberts 1min 26.594 secs
21. James Ellison GBR Blata WCM 1min 26.636 secs
22. Franco Battaini ITA Blata WCM 1min 27.123 secs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did any of you guys watch FP2? They showed Hayden for a few laps, and in the begining of his segment I'm like damn this dude uses a lot of counter steering. I mean big time. It was subtle for a few laps. You could see the front wheel making slight corrections for the rear. Then as the laps went on he went into ***** laying, blue smoke rising power slides. The kid is buckwild. Very entertaining to watch. I want to say he is the new King of Slide. Freakin Barros toasted 2 RC211V bikes in the one session, but he was very fast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: MOTOGP- Nurbur... uhh... Sachsenring (998R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 998R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK...I know it is only practice but...

Amazing that Jacque is right behind Edwards!</TD></TR></TABLE>

why? he was strong in every outing hes been part of this season...? and besides that, there not to far up the list

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (SP8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">. I want to say he is the new King of Slide. Freakin Barros toasted 2 RC211V bikes in the one session, but he was very fast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Saw that, Alex somehow, someway managed to drop two bikes in less than 30 minutes...also saw that Vale had a big getoff.....will be interesting for sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (SP8)

sliding is might be spectacular but will toast his tires by lap 5..

Ross knows how to do some good back it in.. anyone remeber one of his suzuka entrance slides? It was on slowmotion.. the bike totally sideways..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you have an account to watch the fp2, at right about 10:00 to go they are showing Colin, but at the top of your screen you see Hopkins getting highsided and the fast left at the bottom of the hill...holy shit it snapped him like he was a bread crumb.

Nicky was puttin on quite a show, he really seems to be giving it everything he has lately.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sliding is might be spectacular but will toast his tires by lap 5..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Agreed........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sliding is might be spectacular but will toast his tires by lap 5..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is the difference b/w us and them. By lap 5 everyone is on greasy tires. It is what you do after that counts. I am sure the worlds (currently) best riders know how to use what works and what doesn't. Rossi seems to be the best at that right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts