Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Loud!

2) The Ducati is absolutely music to the ears, and the KTM/Proton sounds the fastest. Go figure! The Yamaha was suprisingly quiet compared to the rest of the bikes.

3) Tamada is great to watch. He was my favorite by far. I can't believe how far his upper body hangs off the bike! It's like he has an arm extension to get off that much! Apparently it isn't a very fast technique, but it is fun to watch.

4) The crowd was solidly behind the young Americans. To be expected for sure, but it was fun to see everybody get stoked when Hayden or Hopkins posted a good lap.

5) At the end of the practice and qualifying sessions, about half the grid stopped in front of our turn four grandstands and did simulated starts. Man, it was sweet to hear those bikes on the rev limiter before they dropped the clutch! A burnout or two would have been nice, but I'm not complaining!

6) Unrelated to MotoGP, the AMA Superbike was great and the crowd was great. [edited to remove potential spoiler]

I haven't checked all the articles yet, but I hope Melandri quits crying and I hope the MotoGP series considers this venue a success. I'll be back every year!!!!

Now, on to Cannery Row!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: MotoGP first impressions (Baasinator)

i was up in the big hill when the they did starts... hearing those bikes on the rev limiter was awesome!!!!!!

Did you hear today the vintage Honda??? f#%kING LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

last night i had dinner with the ducati stunt rider Phifer, he is really cool guy and great dirt bike rider. He won on the hardest enduros in Austria Erzberg.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

A couple more:

1) Where did they get these announcers who don't know how to pronounce any names and don't know who rides what bike? How many different ways can you say "Jake Holden" or "Ben Attard"???? Somehow Neil Hodgson was riding the #11 Suzuki, too.

2) Definitely the most pathetic rendition of our National Anthem I've ever heard. The dude totally forgot some words, tried to hum it out, and then just said "Oh Jesus..." before skipping ahead to the end. I never thought it was possible to do worse than Roseanne.

3) Those parachute guys were phucking crazy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Baasinator »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A couple more:

1) Where did they get these announcers who don't know how to pronounce any names and don't know who rides what bike? How many different ways can you say "Jake Holden" or "Ben Attard"???? Somehow Neil Hodgson was riding the #11 Suzuki, too.

2) Definitely the most pathetic rendition of our National Anthem I've ever heard. The dude totally forgot some words, tried to hum it out, and then just said "Oh Jesus..." before skipping ahead to the end. I never thought it was possible to do worse than Roseanne.

3) Those parachute guys were phucking crazy!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that was phuckin weird...."oh say can you see, the star something or other and.................................................................and the home of the brave". Huh? At least the jets waited until his mangled/tangled/garbled "what do you expect for $5 and a kiss from an umbrella girl?" passed. These guys need to work on this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Baasinator »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A couple more:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That was bizzare. Then after the race I heard the national anthem being played but it got cut off in the middle what was that about?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: MotoGP first impressions (998Junkie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 998Junkie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That was bizzare. Then after the race I heard the national anthem being played but it got cut off in the middle what was that about?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That was for Nicky Hayden.....they always play the national anthem of the winner after the race. It sort of just stopped about halfway through...it's the new "anthem lite" version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts