Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol. After digging through a article posted on Soup about Forbes Top 100 Celeberties I found this nugget:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The Italian motorcyclist has won four straight MotoGP World Championships, the equivalent of Nascar's Nextel Cup Series championship. His 2004 performance triggered an extra $4 million in bonus money from employer Yamaha. Rossi's sponsors like Dainese and Kera Koll kick in an estimated $8 million more.</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/53/QN4Y.html

Disgusting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: MotoGP Championship = Nascar's Nextel Cup Series Championship (Bagadonitz)

I guess they were trying to relate the motogp championship to something that people in the states could understand (who don't know about the gps). But the problem is I don't think people that read forbes watch nascar either and vise versa.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: MotoGP Championship = Nascar's Nextel Cup Series Championship (Bagadonitz)

......the equivalent of Nascar's Nextel Cup Series championship.?

Oh, the absurdity.

Forget the fact that the idiot compares 4 wheeled domestic oval racing to 2 wheeled international road racing. What a tool.

How hard would it have been to say "the two wheeled equivalent of Formula 1"?

Ignorance can be so sad ......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: MotoGP Championship = Nascar's Nextel Cup Series Championship (JamesP)

is like the world baseball cup or football

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do all the other countries in Europe and Asia seem to know about real quality racing like F1 or motoGP but our country is completely ignorant to it and is in awe of NASCAR?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (JesseJames)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JesseJames »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why do all the other countries in Europe and Asia seem to know about real quality racing like F1 or motoGP but our country is completely ignorant to it and is in awe of NASCAR?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same reason McDonalds is the biggest fast-food chain.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody else find the irony in that it's a Forbes article that screws up that bad when trying to explain a motorcycle sport?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (stk0308)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody else find the irony in that it's a Forbes article that screws up that bad when trying to explain a motorcycle sport?</TD></TR></TABLE>

As I recall he was a honorary member of the Hell's Angles (M. Forbes)...still you got to wonder what the phone call to the reporter would have been like had he still been alive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts