Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sucks to see someone so full of "heart" have the worst luck year after year.
I know that there are lots of Dani haters because of the Hayden situation, and although I am also a Hayden fan, Dani rides his heart out every time he is on the track.

Better luck next time, hope he heals quick.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Dani will miss at least this race, maybe next 3 with a broken collarbone. It'll require surgery, I think it's in 3 or 4 pieces.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
ah man, that SUCKS. I was hoping he would continue his strong streak and give Lolly fits for the championship.

I see that Rossi is top after FP1, about 3-4 tenths faster than last year. He may be starting to come back again. Would be great to see him competing with Lolly and taking the place of the Bot as a Lolly challenger, to keep the rest of the season somewhat entertaining.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dani-Haters

...his lack of personality makes it hard to like him...
don't get me wrong, the guy is clearly talented--- (except when taking out his team mate), and i know that he's focused on doing the business while on track...
but c'mon, how many times have you ever seen him crack a smile?
I won't really miss seeing him in the line up.

Hope he heals up well.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm not usually a Pedrosa fan, but I'll miss him in the races and I'm hoping there aren't too many more injuries this year. With the grids this small, it just makes the processional races even more common.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Mary watched FP1 live... she burst open the door to the shop with the news that
Dani is out with a broken collar bone... I like Dani and so does Mary... we are
both sick over his accident and we wish him a speedy recovery...

MotoGp Mary and Danny Pedrosa by motogpmary, on Flickr

·
who's yo daddy?
757 Posts
collarbones suck. weak-ass bone, in the worst possible physical location.

·
Registered
480 Posts
This is not meant as a rider comparison rather an injury severity comparison but Sete was never the same after his bad collarbone injury. Granted he was older too but......

And lets not call the fat lady out to the stage just yet. The same thing can happen to any of them including Lolly-pop sucker as I alluded to here:

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/street-track/62801-2010-moto-gp-champion.html

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Pedrosa would have no motivation to come back for a lost championship while still riding injured. I don't expect him to ride again until Valencia and test the following day for 2011. But he needs his personal level of strength to be near 100% to ride effectively, he is so small that he doesn't have a large amount of arm strength to begin with.

If Rossi chooses to sit out and have shoulder surgery sooner rather than later, those last two races are going to be rather dull with an absent Rossi and wounded Pedrosa.

I expect Lorenzo now to be even more arrogant with his post-race celebrations if he in fact wins.

OTOH, the prospects for wild card fill-ins is interesting (maybe Rea for Pedrosa and Crutchlow for Rossi?).

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
BTW, Honda has revealed te crash was caused by a software glitch leaving the fly-by-wire throttle open while Pedrosa was trying to brake.

Surprising they would admit to this.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
don't count out Ducati just yet for the spoiler, maybe not for the championship, but it would jack with Jorge pretty good if they finish strong...

just sayin...

·
Registered
240 Posts
BTW, Honda has revealed te crash was caused by a software glitch leaving the fly-by-wire throttle open while Pedrosa was trying to brake.

Surprising they would admit to this.
That's sounds very similar to the allegations made when Honda's top rider at the time, # 74 Daijiro Kato lost his life in the tragic accident at Suzuka.

I see Honda is yet to learn how to close a throttle.

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
That's sounds very similar to the alligations made when Honda's top rider at the time, # 74 Daijiro Kato lost his life in the tragic accident at Suzuk

I see Honda is yet to learn how to close a throttle.
I wonder if the throttle not closing caused Pedro to panic, surely he could have just pulled in the clutch and got it stopped without crashing.:twocents

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Poor lil guy! Yeah, something needs to happen to keep interest in this championship or it will be a yawn fest.

I would like to see Spies beat Jorge a couple of times before season end! :rockon That will make for an interesting silly season! :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't trust e-throttle . My cars have it and keep me nervous , but I've learned to relax and love the bomb .

1 - 20 of 34 Posts