Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So says SATO....

Our MOTO GP style canisters are available for these models right now:
ZX10R '04-'05 slip on & full system (54mm)
ZX10R '06 slip on & full system (60mm)
ZX14 full system (60mm)
GSX-R1000 '05-'06 full system (60mm)
GSX-R1000 '05-'06 slip on system (54mm)
GSX-R600 '06 full system (60mm)
R1 '04-'06 slip on system (54mm)
R6 '06 full system (60mm)

Our MOTO GP style canisters are NOT recommended for these models
due to high exhaust pressure and temperature:
RC51 SP1
RC51 SP2
Aprilia RSV1000R/Factory

SATO RACING Exhaust Systems

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
V-Twins are pretty hard on muffler packing. They are probably worried all the packing will blow out, then the muffler will discolor.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I would love to use MGP cans on the RC51 but it's just not a good idea according to every manufacturer I've researched even though I've seen Superhawks running around with them . The Werkes USA ones are very nice but no cigar .:banghead

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
The packing was far from the issue with mine. It was my ears and relationship with the neighbors that I had an issue with. Even with ear plugs the things were just too much to handle. I still have not heard them with the baffles in yet but I'm sure that would tame them down a bit.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
in short, there is no danger to the bike just to the cans. and your ears. I run them on the track and just run a slighly fatter map. no matter what Jamie says they freakin sound awesome. just don't run them on the street they are way, way too loud. unless you like to piss people off and get pulled over.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmm. So these are loud? Like REALLY loud? I've heard them on youtube and I love the sound, but I know it's hard to convey volume over the internet.

I'm split between Akropovic and Ladybird MotoGP slip-ons. Are the MotoGPs just too obnoxiously loud on the street?

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
[/YOUTUBE]
Hmm. So these are loud? Like REALLY loud? I've heard them on youtube and I love the sound, but I know it's hard to convey volume over the internet.

I'm split between Akropovic and Ladybird MotoGP slip-ons. Are the MotoGPs just too obnoxiously loud on the street?

the new ladybird canisters have a new inner baffle design
this is the third generation canister,and have been refined since 2006 when i first started selling them

sound is amazing,and everyone who has a ladybird truly loves them

I mean,akrapovic and D&D etc look the same.Does that mean they are the same?not all exhausts systems(and canisters)are created equal

there are some sound clips on the right on this page.Sound pretty neat to me.
(concerning the blued canisters there are 2 types,lightly blued-with header,and dark blued-on my cbr900RR)
EXHAUSTS

below are all the 2006 first generation with full 60mm design.they were pretty extreme!
the 3rd generation are a lot more tame in comparison

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
I've seen you post that black bike with the gold frame before. Just what is it? I can't figure it out...

Oh, and I really like the way my short cans look/sound...

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
The black bike is a massaged 900rr you can tell by the frame shape. (plus he did say it as well. I love the sssa on it with all the black and gold.

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Thanks. I saw the reference to the 900rr, but I didn't put 2+2 together...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Simon said something special in the works. HRC copies!! :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've been running MotoGP cans (Simon Kobe) for some time now on my SP1-2001 / Full Akro / PCIII, and haven't had any problems.

YES, they tend to be a little loud, but that simply lets all the cagers know I am there. No problems with the police in my area.
They do sound awesome, nothing quite like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Noise be damned , just wondering if the relative lack of back-pressure is an issue for the valves over time .

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Noise be damned , just wondering if the relative lack of back-pressure is an issue for the valves over time .

the pipe size contributes more to the back-pressure then the muffler. the core size is 60mm on the cans and the pipe size on some of these is 57.5mm. going from a OEM header to larger size aftermarket will have more of a effect on BP then a muffler change IMO

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Is that like one these Akra kits:
Newera's thread
Bruchi's thread

or is the single mount Jardine type of setup:
Pic

?
the full akra HRC loses HP on a street bike:banghead you can't just toss on 60mm tubes and make power on the 51. those are designed for 170hp bikes with high compression and there is nobody on this site who has a bike which can use that exhaust despite its cool looks;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts