Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying a trailer for my bike.What is the most important thing to look for. I would think it would be the wheels,bearings,springs and the quality of the build construction. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just me personally, But I wouldn't buy anything without at least 15" wheels.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Motocycle Trailers (ahtune69)

If you are looking for an open trailer it is hard to beat a Kendon trailer. Great build quality, stands up in your garage, carries one or two bikes with equal ease. Only 13" wheels, see post above, but never had an issue with probably 4-6,000 miles on it.

Aaron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Motocycle Trailers (ahtune69)

+1

If you're going to use the trailer on the interstate at a sustained 80 or 85 for several hours you don't want anything with wheels <15".

If you do go with a trailer with smaller wheels then you'll just have to live with trips at 65 MPH max. There are guys who ignore this, but personally I'm not comfortable with the idea. I figure if we all spend thousands of dollars on our bikes then we should be able to find the extra $300 or $400 extra for a trailer with a realistic wheel/tire setup.

BTW Kendon's are really nice, but for the same amount of money you can buy a small enclosed trailer capable of hauling two bikes and gear.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys,Im gonna probably go with the enclosed trailer.So if I go 70-80 mph i'll make sure I get at least a 15 in. wheel.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (ahtune69)

Most important where I live is to buy an enclosed trailer. All the name brands I've seen seem well made and have 15" tires. A door that swings down into a loading ramp is nice too. I have a Classic brand V-nose that is awesome, but not cheap!
Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check out the Toy Carrier. www dot toycarrier dot com. I rented one for a weekend, and what a sweet little trailer. Light enough that you can move it around by yourself (by hand), and pull it with almost any car. Pulls great at freeway speeds, and I didn't notice any difference in mpg behind my yukon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats waaay to expensive for a trailer. I bought mine at cargotrailersusa.com. I got an enclosed 5x8 with a ramp door for $1700 and thats with 15' wheels. Without the ramp door it's $1430. but for me the 260 for the ramp door is worth it. I have been very happy with the trailer. My only suggestion is to buy some rustoleom and spray all the joints. After a year mine had some slight rust. (I do live in Baltimore though...we get lots of salt air)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts