Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capirossi grabs pole in record time
Report, 24/09/05

Loris Capirossi posted a new pole record in the Marlboro Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix qualifying practice, hitting the front of the grid for the second time in a row after his perfect Japanese GP. The Ducati Marlboro rider lapped in 2'01.731 to edge off Movistar Honda's Sete Gibernau by 0.136s.

Team Suzuki's John Hopkins put his Bridgestone tyres to good use, securing the third spot of the front row. Behind the Anglo-American, Kawasaki-mounted Shinya Nakano took fourth and will head the second row from Hopkins' team-mate Kenny Roberts Jr and Repsol Honda's Nicky Hayden.

Valentino Rossi was only seventh on his Gauloises Yamaha YZR-M1. The Italian will be joined on the third row of the grid by Carlos Checa and Marco Melandri.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Its good to see the Ducs up front! Even though I like Honda.
If Gibbers goes to Ducati next year, he just might have a chance!!! :woot:

·
Registered
46 Posts
It would be interesting to see those two as teammates. Being two of the best and all. Ducati would have a strong team.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think it is awesome that top five qualifiers were a ducati, a kawi, a honda, and two zooks. Really nice mix there. Seems the stones have the advantage again here.

I feel bad for Shakey Byrne he hasn't been able to beat anyone but the blatas on that rcv.

·
Registered
887 Posts
JesseJames said:
I feel bad for Shakey Byrne he hasn't been able to beat anyone but the blatas on that rcv.
Feel bad for him if Chris V. goes well. Chris will have a advantage over Shane at OZ, and Valencia do to his experience of the tracks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts