Pretty much everything was replaced. In the engine a new crank was fitted, rods were replaced, new kit inlet and exhaust valves. The bores were standard so a new set of HRC pistons and rings were sourced. The moriwaki's heads had their seats cut and ports lightly reworked.
All the parts of the fuel system were rebuilt, fuel tap and carb fittings replaced and all the steel fittings rezinc plated.
The bike needed running in properly but after about 50 miles I gave it a few very light full throttle runs on the dyno. Running on the stock carbs until Ive rebuilt the FCR's its first run made almost 125hp.
Ive got some Moriwaki valves to fit at some stage and with the Moriwaki FCR's and short port heads I hope to see 130hp+ once its all run it and set up.
Getting the parts isn't hard really. Most of the moriwaki parts were in quite good condition anyway and any that weren't I managed to get from Japan. All the engine and carburation parts are easy to source.
A forum community dedicated to Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, reviews, modifications, classifieds, maintenance, troubleshooting, and more! Open to Ducati, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, MV Agusta, and any other make with the need for speed!