Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I did a search, and they did not answer me. I put the link and shock on the bike and it is very close. The distance is about the thickness of about 2 credit cards. I am just making sure it is right before I go for a test ride. It does not seem to hit or rub. Anyone else with the same set up could you look at your bike and tell me if mine is too close. Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Mori Link and Penske close to swing arm? (rookieracer)

This is normal...

This is ok as long as it's not rubbing or hitting the spring of the shock... I recommend you test it out and MAKE SURE it's not going to hit the swing arm welds at the lower weld. If it does hit the swing arm just take a file/ dremel and very lightly take a little off that area of the swing arm, and touch it up. Mine was very close but never hit!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Mori Link and Penske close to swing arm? (superbike2001)

Thank you, but you did not have to file or dremel yours right? Thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

No, I did not have use a dremel or a file. It was only millimeters of clearance but thats all you need

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Mori Link and Penske close to swing arm? (superbike2001)

You were right no problem, worked great and thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ohlins and DK link was the same for mine. Maybe paper thin space. When we loaded the shock the space actually increased - closest when not loaded with weight. Don't worry and don't file/dremel the weld down. (Haven't heard of anyone who has had a problem with the closeness.)

Ride on.
RCnJax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Mori Link and Penske close to swing arm? (RCnJax)

Yes thankyou for the useful information. It was the closest not under load. Under load it was a little further. But Thank you again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts