Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
hmmm, difficult to say, without the motor revving very high. The first vid sounds like a regular 180 I4 to me, although there is just the hint of something different as he accelerates down pit lane. Clearly, the bike DOES have a speed shifter.

The 2nd vid sounds different to the first, IMO.

My guess is this is a regular 180 I4 motor, with R1 like stacked tranny shafts and a full race type electronics package.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What is the extreme whine sound in the first vid as he goes off? Kinda like the gear driven cams of the RC but louder.

·
5,671 Posts
I didn't hear anything unusual (but I'm probably going deaf) ...perhaps clutch?

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Mr.Kawasaki (my neighbor Marv) ain't impressed with the sound of same old 180º
screamer... he was expecting a MotoGp droner...

·
5,671 Posts
Mr.Kawasaki (my neighbor Marv) ain't impressed with the sound of same old 180º
screamer... he was expecting a MotoGp droner...
I think a lot of people were expecting them to do something different than the 180 I4. Problem is, when the latest, highest performance sportbike that absolutely dominates the others in power, speed and performance uses this exact format, it's difficult to argue against it for the street and trackday duty.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I think a lot of people were expecting them to do something different than the 180 I4. Problem is, when the latest, highest performance sportbike that absolutely dominates the others in power, speed and performance uses this exact format, it's difficult to argue against it for the street and trackday duty.
You mean the latest I4 in a near 40 yr domination other than a little L2 in WSC. :cool:

Sounds like another Kawasaki winner to me. The ZX10R in its current iteration is not a dog of a bike. Nice to see Kawasaki step up and take the bull aka the BMW by the horns.

Interesting to see what Suzuki, Honda and Yamah bring to the party next.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Screamer, Big Bang, No Bang, Left Bang, I don't care. I would buy this before a Honda any day of the week. After reading Rossi's book and heard how Honda's treats their riders I would never buy a product they make ever again.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
MotoGp has changed everything... a lot of people expect a new I4 droner
instead of the same old I4 status quo screamer and V4 instead of I4s...

I never thought I'd see the day when Mr.Kawasaki wanted something else than a
Kawasaki but Marv wants the new RSV4 Aprilia... and that is no BS either...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
After reading Rossi's book and heard how Honda's treats their riders I would never buy a product they make ever again.
Rossi is just pissed that he never got a Championship winning bike as a gift but Nicky has one in his living room.:woot:

I like the arrogance of HRC. They know they're the best, hands down!;)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
looks awesome.
maybe zx-7RR gear cams?

and here we have the japanese version of larry!

I love that! :clapper

Am I the only one to notice how everybody is rushing to copy Yamaha's swingarm designs?
HRC, famous for their monster units, introduced a M1 clone swingarm last year and this year RC212V boasts a very similar unit. This latest Kawasaki design looks to be from the same family.

All in all I think the bike is "just" a regular I4 but will probably owe much to the mighty BMW. I think higher power, less weight and lots of useful electronics, like a race ABS and proper traction control.
After all Kawasaki is the only Japanese manufacturer currently offering traction control on one of their bikes (1400GTR/C14). Honda was the first to do so (Pan European 1100 with the optional C/ABS-TCS package) but then chickened off, probably to cut costs.
The latest CBR1000RR with the new C/ABS is nice, but its combined braking is too intrusive and they could have gone the whole nine yards and fit a proper traction control system to boot.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Honda will win most of the shootouts and accolades when it offers the dual-clutch tranny (DCT) on the CBR1KRR . And the others will scramble to offer the same .

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
At least the bikes gonna look bitchin' while ridding in 15th place again next season....:woot:

Sorry but Kawi has never made much of an impression in wsbk and i don't see how they're suddenly gonna change that....specially by using MotoGp technology from a bike that sucked even harder than their wsbk bikes

Not saying I dont want to see a green machine running with the front guys, it would be awesome....just saying, not gonna jump to conclusions from an cool sounding bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts