Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I took her out again for a real ride. Off the island and up to speed. TWO NEW things i noticed.

1. the bike wants to sputter at about half throttle. Any gear, any speed, half throttle she bogs down.

2. It took her awhile to warm up and at cruising she never got past 150-160.... while in traffic she went too 180-190. These cant be correct. I know how my SP2 runs and the SP1 was getting pretty warm in the seat but only hitting 190? I dont think so....

So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Is all this happening with OEM radiators or front-mount radiators?

If its your new front mounts, it sounds like you didn't put any tape on the face of the radiators to restrict the flow of air to actuate the operating temperature.

If the motor isn't running warm enough it wont produce power and bog down and if you dont have any tape on the radiators it wont get up to temp unless its insanely hot out that day or you slow down long enough for it to heat up.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has the stock rads.... the front mounts are on my SP2.

I still have yet to replace the plugs though... i was hoping I could get around it... but Im thinking that might be my first step.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Check the plugs and check the thermostat to make sure it isn't stuck. I know the sp1's tend to run cooler, but that seems a bit too cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts