Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
im not sure Starbucks has the infrastructure for this kind of thing?
they better start hiring a valet service

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
First Thought

After reading the Header for the post and knowing I was going to be presented with a Ducati.

I saw the picture and thought.

Nice Buell.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Looking at it pisses me off. Seriously pisses me off. It makes me think of a bunch of Italians sitting around a table and saying;

"How stupid a motorcycle do we have to build to get some of the American Harley-Davidson market."

I bet this abortion ends up with chrome on it.

#@$%&!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I swear the moment I saw that picture I started laughing! :woot:

Perhaps they should have taken the R&D money they threw into that monstrosity and give the new Multistrada decent plastics that don't look to have been already recycled at least twice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
After reading the Header for the post and knowing I was going to be presented with a Ducati.

I saw the picture and thought.

Nice Buell.
That was my first thought also! Then I thought it looked more like a VRod!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
They've also already started crashproofing tests:

(Courtesy of a friend of mine who works not very far from the Ducati headquarters).
Test rider will be OK, just lot of rest and painkillers.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I have no major issue with it....as if it makes them some money, and they divert the extra funds to add to their Superbike and Naked street bike ranges....it works for me. Couldn't care less about this thing, really (I don't see myself buying a cruise, EVER) as long as it provides class-leading performance and decent quality/reliability and doesn't trash the Ducati progress they've made to become one of the more reliable brands in the EU market. (pretty amazing in itself...)

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I really think they will sell a metric shitload of these things for a variety of reasons.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Their target is the 197 HP VMAX and early reports indicate that the Duc compares favourably with lighter weight , better handling , and less power . I'm guessing it won't sell well b/c it's trying to straddle the 2 categories of cruiser and standard w/o the perceived benefits of either . Most cruiser fans want tart and ceremony with acres of chrome and low maintenance , while standard riders crave comfortable but serious performance with decent lean angles . And it's not going to be cheap . I wouldn't mind it as a kind of fun drag bike for straight-line blasts on country roads , although I'd prefer the VMAX .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts