Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about picking up a 2004 Monster 800 for an extra ride, and wondered what people are seeing for prices on a leftover 04?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Monster 800 prices? (waterboy420)

Matison Motorsports in Raleigh has '04 M800S for $8,695

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Monster 800 prices? (jbraslins)

That's MSRP in 04. Seems kinda high, or don't dealers discount leftover Ducs?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Monster 800 prices? (jbraslins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbraslins »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Matison Motorsports in Raleigh has '04 M800S for $8,695</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought the 800s only came out in 03 the first year of production with aluminium swingarm and the trick carbon fibre bits.

Doon

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Monster 800 prices? (Doon)

Well, I found a leftover 04' with 0 miles that is listed at $7,995, original MSRP $8,695. I picked my Honda RC51 last year as a leftover 03 with 0 miles for $8,995, MSRP $11,999. The RC is a niche bike that someone usually wants, or doesn't want and will sell to the right buyer regardless. This is the first time I am looking at a "new" Ducati (or Ducati period), and was just shocked on the mark down difference. I wasn't sure if this was normal, as a Duc will sell itself as a niche bike, or if the stealership needs to mark this down more. Just looking for some resonable negotiating prices from more experienced buyers of Ducatis.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thought about looking at the new s2r? it's the same 800 engine w/ alot of trick bits (single sided swing arm, one sided dual tip exhaust, cool paint job) i personally like the black w/ tangerine stripe

chris-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts