Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to decide for several months on what I wanted to do with the tail. I really didn't want to buy an aftermarket one, because I like the square brakes, and I didn't want to spend very much money. So what I ended up doing is cutting the gay stock tail flush with the bottom of the brake light. Kinda hard to see but...

Then I just drilled new holes for the license plate, and moved it up flush with the bottom of the brake light.

I bought an integrated turn/brake off ebay for like $40. I have high mounts so, no brake lights. I wired it all up with quick connectors.

Obviously I cleaned up all the wiring, I was just test fitting it at this point.

Final product.

I only have one plate bolt in, so I can swivel the plate down to get to the seat release with the key.

Total cost: $60 for light and connectors. I'm sure I'm not the first to do it, but I didn't see any others like it. The wiring was a little confusing, but finally figured it out, and it works awesome. It's actually very bright, so I'm definitely satisfied.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Same light....

Huh! Looks to me like you bought the same light i did? I bought mine off e-bay a couple of years ago and surprisingly enough,it's still working! All except for the white strip that lights up your plate.That went out about a year later.Mine actually came to where all you had to do was plug in (directly) one of your tail plugs and TADA!!! It also came with these little strange looking relays for the turn signals which i might add are already intergrated into the lights.Don't get me wrong,it's a good looking light but i now want a flush look and am going to soon be looking at doing my own conversion.And,by the way,i chopped off and brought up the plate just as you did!
Happy lighting!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
OP, You really should put two bolts in the plate! That nylon set up will eventually works its way loose and you'll be plateless.:twocents

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are probably right, I haven't ridden it yet due to two severe shoulder sprains in two different shoulders over the last 5 months. Just too dangerous, not sure I'd be able to correct or counter steer if the I had to.

I may put a cotter pin in the other one, to make it quick to take out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts