Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried substituting Mobil 1 oil in their 916 in place of the standard motorcycle oil, and if so how has it worked?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Mobil 1 oil (duc916dd)

That's all I use in all 3 Duc's (04 749 - 00 748 - 97 900ss) I'm sick of paying $15 for Agip!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (phil77)

Boy has this one been done or what?!?!

I use Mobil 1 15W-50. Works great!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (Ducaholic)

I have been using Klotz Synthetic in my 748. I was a big fan of Mobil 1 for many years. After the guys at BCM turned me onto Klotz and I have used it ever since. It provides an excellent static film and you’ll appreciate the bubble gum smell while changing your oil.

http://www.klotzlube.com/

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (RI Ducati 748)

Being a BCM customer I have used Klotz as well. It is also a very good oil, but is more expensive than Mobil 1. Also I blow better bubbles with Bubblicious.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (RI Ducati 748)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RI Ducati 748 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> It provides an excellent static film and you’ll appreciate the bubble gum smell while changing your oil.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duc916dd »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Has anyone tried substituting Mobil 1 oil in their 916 in place of the standard motorcycle oil, and if so how has it worked? </TD></TR></TABLE>

FYI: there's a new Mobil One oil available called Extended Performance:

Mobil 1 Extended Performance -
You've never seen an oil like this before. Mobil 1® Extended Performance is a new high-endurance motor oil with 36 percent more anti-wear additives and 37 percent more cleaning agents than current Mobil 1 formulations. It is a fully synthetic formulation that helps extend engine life, reduce oil breakdown and minimize engine wear -- all while helping to keep your engine clean. Improvements that add up to exceptional protection for 15,000 miles. Guaranteed.
http://www.mobil1.com/USA-Engl....aspx

For the record - I use Silkolene full synthetic and I add a molybdenum disulphide additive which turns the oil a very, very dark black. I know, oil additives can interfere with the manufacturers additive package which was carefully developed by experienced petroleum engineers...

Just wanted to mention the new Mobil One oil.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Mobil 1 oil (DanST4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DanST4 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

FYI: there's a new Mobil One oil available called Extended Performance:

Mobil 1 Extended Performance -
You've never seen an oil like this before. Mobil 1® Extended Performance is a new high-endurance motor oil with 36 percent more anti-wear additives and 37 percent more cleaning agents than current Mobil 1 formulations. It is a fully synthetic formulation that helps extend engine life, reduce oil breakdown and minimize engine wear -- all while helping to keep your engine clean. Improvements that add up to exceptional protection for 15,000 miles. Guaranteed.
http://www.mobil1.com/USA-Engl....aspx

For the record - I use Silkolene full synthetic and I add a molybdenum disulphide additive which turns the oil a very, very dark black. I know, oil additives can interfere with the manufacturers additive package which was carefully developed by experienced petroleum engineers...

Just wanted to mention the new Mobil One oil.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just picked up some of that Mobil One Extended Performance at Wall-Mart.. It was only a couple of bucks more than the normal Mobil One. I figure, I'll throw it in the car, and after 3k pull the filter and check it out. If everything looks good, I'll just replace the filter and run her for another 3k. I don't think I could ever run it for 15k without changing the oil.. But 6-8k is another story.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I got 20k on my 900ss, Mobil 1 since 2k, still like new. Engine runs cooler. With the old oil, it ran over the temp middle mark constantly. With M-1, almost never goes over mid point.
JT

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been using Mobil1 (Red Cap) since day one. Excellent oil!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

mobil one make a V twin oil sold at the harley shops...tired it for the m900 once...switched to agip for the moly trans protection...but have used mobil one in every other i/c engine for 25 years...if you think dino oils are the same then watch the last few drops of mobil one spin around the funnel as you pour it...

ride me like a rented mule

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Mobil 1 oil (slightly ducatic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slightly ducatic »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...if you think dino oils are the same then watch the last few drops of mobil one spin around the funnel as you pour it...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dino oil does that too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts