Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I welcome the eventuality of a light , electric sbk with range . Just think of the silence at speed -- you , the bike , and the wind as one !:rockon

·
Registered
651 Posts
Same here, it's about time we moved out of the the early 20th century of oil powered vehicles. Oil powered vehicles won out over electrics early on, electric still needs some years to catch up. I won't go into the politics of the discussion because that would be a land mine, but I think there should be some competition after all, right? I mean, free markets and everything. :D

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
It does look nice but you guys can have it. If this means more people will be getting rid of their IC bikes and this in turn crashes the market...1098R's are sold for $5000 kind of things... then bring it on.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I think with the constant advancement of stronger and lighter batteries, the electric bike will only get better, and it seems pretty impreesive already. I would love to ride this bike...:clapper

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Full electric bikes only will be the time I buy the best and last Ducati IC bike and a whole shitload of parts, because without the sound, vibe and performance of an IC motor in my bike, it becomes a dead speed appliance for me. Who the **** wants to race or drive/ride an electric motor? It may as well be a fridge.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
^ As much as I enjoy the sound of a high performance IC engine , I disagree OB . A motorcycle is indeed a "speed appliance" and I think w/o the sound of combustion , the experience of riding will be different enough to intrigue and perhaps even highten our other senses . The type of propulsion isn't as important as being at speed on a responsive bike . Besides , the seamless and torquey power delivery of a strong electric motor is well suited to the demands of moto riding. :twocents

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
It only makes sense to me in the shorter distance commuter market, you can't really go for a long ride with out having to stop and recharge. When the Ironbutt riders start using them then I'll consider one.:twocents

·
5,671 Posts
^ As much as I enjoy the sound of a high performance IC engine , I disagree OB . A motorcycle is indeed a "speed appliance" and I think w/o the sound of combustion , the experience of riding will be different enough to intrigue and perhaps even highten our other senses .

OK, but do me a favor.

Crank your sound up high, and watch this entire lap.

YouTube - Nurburgring 7:35 lap on R1 Brendan Slider Guest House

Then, turn your sound off....and watch it again.

Did you get through the entire lap without getting bored?

Try this one too...

YouTube - Britten motorcycle on Isle of Man TT

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
The sound of motorcycles is definitely an experience that will be missed if we ever go electric. But I do like the idea of technology that is Eco friendly and will reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Full electric bikes only will be the time I buy the best and last Ducati IC bike and a whole shitload of parts, because without the sound, vibe and performance of an IC motor in my bike, it becomes a dead speed appliance for me. Who the **** wants to race or drive/ride an electric motor? It may as well be a fridge.
Old Baldy probably still has his rotary phone... mercy Barry it's a electronic
thing... you can have your beloved IC sound synthesized along with the vibes of
the power pulses... just think with a flick of a switch you can select the sound
of either an I4 screamer or V4 dorner or a slow and ponderous V2...

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
the power pulses... just think with a flick of a switch you can select the sound
This is not progress, unfortunately it is however the probable replacement.

·
5,671 Posts
Really, Larry...you calling me a type of Luddite is hilarious!
:)

I'm looking forward to the day when you choose to mothball MissRC45 for a nice quite, smooth, electric appliance one day.

·
Stares at Goats
81 Posts
Only as long as it's an HRC product and they throw millions of dollars at it just to lose repeatedly at racing with it...:D

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
...clink...!
1,725 Posts
I too got Chris Mathews "tingles" upon seeing the pix but I believe I read it makes 141 hp at 560lbs !!!

Ohh mama.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts