Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience with either of the two brands? They both make "tear-drop" shaped carbon fiber mirrors- from a distance, they appear to look identical. Motowheels carries the Avia brand version, and Yoyodyne carries the Lightech.
Motowheels specifically calls out Lightech on their website, claiming that the Avia is of much higher quality than the Lightech version- they also charge nearly twice as much!! ($270 vs. $165 for Yoyodyne's Lightech's)
Just wondering if anyone had any insight about either of these brands.

P.S- These mirrors will "complete" the work I've done on my 748 for the past 4 months. I'll post some pics once I pick up a set of mirrors.

Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Mirrors- Avia vs. Lightech (Holiday)

i was running moto's brand for some time ... they worked just as good as the stockers

fit 1-10 ..... 8
finish 1-10 ... 8
function 1-10 ... -5
able to attract carbon concise ladies 1-10 ... 7
the starbucks factor 1-10 ..... 10

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a pair which I think are the lighttech's but regardless, I can't see sh*t out of them.
Finish was nice but, to me they were no better than the stock ones because the mirrors were physically smaller than the stock ones = less mirror to see. I switched to the FAR mirrors..am very pleased.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (El_Toro)

Thanks for the critiques. So, I shouldn't expect anything better than the stockers, huh? Too bad- I was hoping that they would be more useable (especially for the price you pay!). Do either of you happen to have any pictures of the mirrors installed on your bike?

Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (Holiday)

Anyone? I know someone must have some pics of their bike (or someone else's) with these mirrors!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts