Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has found any other option to the mirror extenders for the Superhawk. Dont like the extenders. Was wondering if maybe 929,954,RC51 mirrors might fit? I dont want to buy random sets of mirrors if they dont fit. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe someone over on the SHForum mentioned that R1 mirrors will fit. I don't think that there are any stock mirrors out there that will let you see past your elbows, though.

Have you thought about bar-end mirrors? I'm contemplating bar-end ones instead of my mirror extenders.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (marmaladeboy)

I replaced my stock bars for Sansei Racing Clip-ons. I'm not sure that with the new bars that i"ll have the same problem w/ the elbowview. I haven't put the fairing back on since I'm doing a bunch of mods to the bike. Just thought if I could get info in advance, it might save time. Riding season isn't that far away! As for bar ends, I removed the vibe dampeners out of the stock bars and modified them to fit the clip-ons so I could use my bar sliders.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran R1 mirrors (and R6 ones) for a while before I swapped the bards for renthals.

The R1 mirrors work well but you need to do a small modification to them to allow them to open out a little more. I got after market ones for about $70 too.

Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (stormsmasher)

Thanks. Took it out today,with the new clip ons, the mirrors aren't really an issue anymore. They aren't perfect, but a whole lot better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure about later bikes Mike, mine were off an 02 R1 but I know earlier ones fit the same.

Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (stormsmasher)

what type of mod did you have to do to get the mirrors to fit. I got a 03 hawk and i need to see behind me. My other option is going to a rear camera system but damn thats expensive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Mirror Options (SPRHK)

I have installed a set of Baren Bar-End mirrors. They required a little grinding and cutting to make fit...i.e. grinding OEM barend weights to make a flat outside surface to butt the Baren's against, and grinding the Barens a wee bit to take a 10mm bolt. And a bit of cutting to make the plates to cover the OEM holes in the fairing. But the result is impressive. I can see behind me. Also lowers the profile of the front of the bike. I would attach pics, but the firewalls at work prevent me....

Geoff in Almonte
99VTR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts