Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
OMG YES, one of the best places to watch, but I wish they had more moniters/big screens. best place to watch is the end of the straight (as a corner worker) as you don't have to do anything and there's a huge moniter right in front of you. Riders pass out of hot pit 10 feet from you and you can come and go as you please without having to wait for a moto taxi to come and get you.

Did I mention free food, tickets, free concert admission, parking, paddock walk, and a goodie bag at the end of the weekend?

You get all that...and a bag of chips!

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
OMG YES, one of the best places to watch, but I wish they had more moniters/big screens. best place to watch is the end of the straight (as a corner worker) as you don't have to do anything and there's a huge moniter right in front of you. Riders pass out of hot pit 10 feet from you and you can come and go as you please without having to wait for a moto taxi to come and get you.
But you can't drink on the job and it's actually WORK? Sitting in 100 degree heat and not being able to have a tallboy or 10 isn't much fun. If I'd go back, I'd get the Grand Prix suite pass or the Club House pass. But even that's a tough call. We had the VIP passes that were available at that time but they have added more packages since. The Suites are above the pits but you only get a close view of the start/finish straight (even though u can see nearly all of the track from a distance). But then the Club House passes will have u so far away from the first corner which is really cool.

Overall, it's a great place to watch and there was no one there back in 08 when I went. We literally walked into the paddock as the bikes were coming off the track into parc ferme. Checa even dropped his podium flowers down to my sister in law. We were that close.

After the races Sunday, ALL the riders went to Port O Call (one of the few real bars in town) and it was cool to have a drink with them. My buddy and Fabrizio got wasted even though neither of them understood a word they were saying.

And the karting is cool during the down time. But TxRC51Fatboy got punted by an overzealous driver.:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.