Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some build pictures of the HRC replica front mount radiators that Mike Furick is building for me and a few others right now. If you like what you see get in touch with me and you can place your order for your own set as he will be building more once these sets are done.

Here is what he starts with:

After a few days worth of painstaking work:

Extremely difficult brazing work:

The most complete set yet vs. HRC fiche, a beautiful site to see :notworthy :

Stunna

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm interested :D

I need to know the cost of this set :twocents

·
rc racer D.O.G. Ind
510 Posts
Hi I'm still working out all the kinks. But they are way more involved than the previous sets and more expensive if I do it for 1400 I hope I can use your existing oil cooler but some way modify it to except a 1/2 stainless hard line

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok
I checked the other threads, but I seemed to understand that you have indicated that price was for the full kit oil cooler and associated piping.
If one were interested only in kit engine cooling radiators, and oil kit not included, as would be the price?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok
I checked the other threads, but I seemed to understand that you have indicated that price was for the full kit oil cooler and associated piping.
If one were interested only in kit engine cooling radiators, and oil kit not included, as would be the price?
Price includes the oil cooler & lines, but you may have to send him your OEM oil cooler for modification.
My OEM oil cooler is on the way to his shop right now for modification and testing. If it works, this is the way they will be done because its how HRC did it.

Stunna

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi I'm still working out all the kinks. But they are way more involved than the previous sets and more expensive if I do it for 1400 I hope I can use your existing oil cooler but some way modify it to except a 1/2 stainless hard line
OK
i understand

·
rc racer D.O.G. Ind
510 Posts
When I indicated a price in the previous threads that was for the old style radiators and oil cooler. The new (hrc) style setup takes a double thick upper radiator core with more modification. Also the bottom radiator has hand brazed side tanks in which is alot of risk and alot of time. I do want it to be affordable and mimic the traditional look and most of all cool. So I know I can't offer a separate oil cooler for the old style price so I'm trying to make the stock oil cooler work. With modification. That's also includes modification on your head cover and water pump cover. And I looked today and I believe that I can make it fit without limiting you turning stops.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
When I indicated a price in the previous threads that was for the old style radiators and oil cooler. The new (hrc) style setup takes a double thick upper radiator core with more modification. Also the bottom radiator has hand brazed side tanks in which is alot of risk and alot of time. I do want it to be affordable and mimic the traditional look and most of all cool. So I know I can't offer a separate oil cooler for the old style price so I'm trying to make the stock oil cooler work. With modification. That's also includes modification on your head cover and water pump cover. And I looked today and I believe that I can make it fit without limiting you turning stops.

have you/we thought about a aftermarket oil cooler to go with your set so you can just buy them?

i seem to remember one can be had for under $100 NEW;)

LOVE THE WORK

·
rc racer D.O.G. Ind
510 Posts
I have not looked into the oil cooler alternatives yet I'm hopeing I can figure out how to make the stock one work but I will keep my options open.
The old oil cooler I use to make are very pricy and currently unavailable to me so will work hard to keep them affordable and also with anything aftermarket you buy thee will need to have mods done to fit to a motorcycle and to keep in a neat clean package . Thanks plus I see that the hrc oil coolers are close to the same size as stock but have the ends turned in different directions so I'm hopping to mod the ends to accept a hardline.

·
rc racer D.O.G. Ind
510 Posts
thank you if i had more experience and a buisness making radiators i probably wouldnt touch them either if i didn't have too. They are definately a challenge and a learning experience and I have witnessed failure already and it hurts the pocket but I know that they will be worth it:eek:

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm curious to see how you're gonna make clearance for the return pipe from the lower fit inside the fairing (partly 'cos I'm considering solutions to this one myself). The HRC lower steps back 1 row on the right-hand-side, tapering at the bottom tank. Your lower doesn't seem to have that feature but I'm guessing you've already got a solution sorted.

Attachments

·
rc racer D.O.G. Ind
510 Posts
being that i stepped the other side i should have enough room i briefly looked at and was sure when i looked at it it would fly but we will see. Also the bottom rads are real long compared to any other set on the market maybey the same as hrc but i havent a set to measure off of. But i know i crammed the longest possible.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
What mods will the bike need to fit these other than the head cover and water pump cover? What mods do the head cover and water pump cover need? Will new frame mounts have to be made? Realistically when do you think you will be ready to start selling these (I need to start saving now :woot: )? GREAT WORK!!!!

·
rc racer D.O.G. Ind
510 Posts
Thanks Waldo the head cover needs to get cut down
Above the breather letting a top radiator scoot back allowing full steering . Waterpump cover and thermostat housing need a plug installed in them .
These rads will not be mass produced I would probably make a couple sets a year until no body wants them anymore. They are expensive so I totally understand people going other routs in getting theirselves frontmounts I'm also not here to get rich if I can buy some birthday presents for my son with the little money made I would be happy.
Thanks for showing interest if you want a set one would be ready around late january

1 - 20 of 58 Posts