Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run these at the track yet? What pressures? I know they are different than the Powers and Power Ones....Thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Man, Id ask the track tire guy for that specific track. :twocents
We were at Miller on 17 April and my buddy used them on his 600RR. He asked the tire guy and got the shoulder shrug. He said Michelin had not given any specs and he has not had anyone will to work with him yet. I will check with my buddy to see what he finally settled on.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, hittin VIR tomorrow, but the track vendor there sells Bridgestones...I am used to running Power Races, but got a set of Pures and have heard great things about them. I have also heard that they run the pressure higher, other forums have said to run around 30R/32F....seems high, but these tires are made with less plies than other tires..

·
Registered
238 Posts
I ran them at Barber last month at 30/30psi cold and was pretty happy. I read that Michelin engineers suggest running higher pressures in the Pure's, but I just wasn't comfortable on them with higher psi

·
Registered
969 Posts
Cold Tire Pressure: 32F/28R

For what its worth, I don't like em. Not nearly as steep a profile or as much grip as Power Ones. I will be returning to Power Ones as street tires ASAP.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
My buddy said he ran 32/32 cold. He had to raise his forks in the clamps to get better turn-in do to the different profile (compared to pilot power 2CT).

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
He had to raise his forks in the clamps to get better turn-in do to the different profile (compared to pilot power 2CT).
Really? I found they turned in better than the previous 2CT. Different bikes = different reaction.

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
I melted a rear in one day at Road Atlanta.:wtf No grip! was using the suggested 31/28r by Michelin Rep..He was shocked the rear didn't last, so much so he gave me a new one, which I swapped for a Power One. I'll be sticking to the P'Ones on track, But I ride Vtwins on track. If I had a 600 they'd be good..A friend has them on his '09 R1 and loves them so maybe its a vtwin torque problem.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Michelin say they have much much softer construction than Power One's so pressures should be as following:

Road
front 2.5 bar
rear 2.9 bar

Track
Front 2.3 bar
rear 2.1 bar

Hope this helped you out. ;)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My buddy said he ran 32/32 cold. He had to raise his forks in the clamps to get better turn-in do to the different profile (compared to pilot power 2CT).

Funny...I had to lower the front too..the bike is a Duc S4RS..Monster..when I got it set up the bike and tires were great..I ran 30 PSI in the back and 32 up front, no tearing or other issues. The tires warmed up quick, no warmers, but it was warm, 90 degrees out. Rider/bar feedback on the Pures is not as good as the Power Races, but good enough on my S4RS.

I am used to my 996S with the Power Races. Yes, the suspension on the S4RS is set up and resprung for my big ass..Tires were good for consistent laps(VIR North Course)of 1:39-40...slow yes, but on a Monster and after a good set up was established.

Overall, I like them a lot, but when Michelins go..they do so with little warning:twocents , and the Power Races give you more of a heads up..havent reached/forced that limit on the Pures. They will be mostly for street use anyway...Thanks again for the replies

·
who's yo daddy?
757 Posts
With their construction being silica rubber like rains, I'm thinking of using these as intermediates, anybody have feedback on wet grip? We can get some pretty weird weather at Summit Point [although it was perfect this past weekend]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts