Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the buzz about the MH900? Positive/negative/nothing special? I don't recall seeing much ado about it though I probably just didn't pay attention as I wasn't interested in it. Now that may be changing - dealer has a leftover 01 just out of the crate I'm lusting after

Thanks for the input.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: MH900 - word on the 'board'? (doocatiboy)

dcb you need to ask monstaman that question. a good and kind gentleman up at seattle ducati sold him a fine used example of why you should not buy a ducati mh900. good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: MH900 - word on the 'board'? (oneducs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneducs »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dcb you need to ask monstaman that question. a good and kind gentleman up at seattle ducati sold him a fine used example of why you should not buy a ducati mh900. good luck.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

They have not all been as bad as mine but common problems are
Dash failures
Battery failures
X bracket failures
Exhaust failures
Damper failures

Mine had a string of other problems including valves and seats all cut wrong from the factory, Ducati implied it was my problem not theirs

They are a beautiful bike, no two ways, as a first ride I would say probably not a good idea, as a second ride for short distance then sweet, you are also blessed with an 8.1 liter tank with will take you 80 miles b4 needing a fill up.

The word is from Ducati's own as that they are under engineered and unfortunately this is very true, their are a few real DIEHARDS that will insist their bike has no problems, once you get to the truth of it they are just the same as all the others, unfortunately mine was born lemon yello

Based on that you can make your descision, if you love it buy it but be prepared for a little extra work and expense.

Mine is currently growing an aftermarket dash, having had 5 dashes I am sick of it, I have also fabricated a bigger tank (17 liters) which will take me a little further.

If you want to know anything about them that I can help with I would be more than happy to help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: MH900 - word on the 'board'? (Monstaman)

andi had some bad ju ju with his mh900e ... i have been much more fortunate and only had problems with turn signals breaking off and the "X" bracket cracking a weld. all were fixed under warranty, and i have had 4,200 trouble free miles since then.

ciao,
johnc
http://www.ducatiowners.com/mh900e

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: MH900 - word on the 'board'? (oneducs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneducs »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dcb you need to ask monstaman that question. a good and kind gentleman up at seattle ducati sold him a fine used example of why you should not buy a ducati mh900. good luck.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

and one in the same good and fine gentlemen sold me an MH900e that has been trouble free, my opinion the best bike ever made, and top notch service from said dealer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: MH900 - word on the 'board'? (doocatiboy)

I have also had no problems over the 2000odd miles I've ridden on my MH, although most hard riding is done on the MV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts