Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any info on these tires???

They weren't included in the Roadracingworld tire comparo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Metzeler Racetec's (Turbo329)

I ran Raceteqs at Barber and was thoroughly pleased with the performance. The new front profile is more angular and easier to turn in slightly than the previous generation Rennsports. They wore very consistenyl using the same pressures I've always used for Rennsports. They warmed up quickly and spun up predictably when abused/pushed beyond their limits. FWIW, I always had them on Chickenhawks between sessions on the 135 degree thermostats.

Metlzer has changed the naming convention though. The supersoft is now the K0, the soft is the K1 and the medium is the K2 although I have to say that the K1/K2 combo I ran at Barber reacted exactly like the RS1/RS2 Metzlers I ran previously. I would like to try a K0/K1 combo for comparison purpose though.

The really funny thing is that RRW stated in their latest tire test that Metzler was not going to be distributing the Raceteqs in the US but appreantly Parts Unlimited hasn't heard that yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Metzeler Racetec's (g-man)

Thanks G-Man,

I was considering them, but I think I'm going to run the Pilot Powers to see what all the hype is about then I'll try the racetecs next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts