Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess who's back :D

This time i'll start to show the build backwards so you can see what have i done to get it here.

its a 09 CBR600RR and it looks a little something like this:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so everything started with just this item in the living room at home...6th floor ;)

and i started getting parts from forums, oem from shop and ebay, one part at the time.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and got busy on the tripple in the quest for lighter then stock

then desided to go with Carbon and Aluminum bracket for the upper since the OEM was so damn heavy anyways.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got the motor as a kit including the ECU and airbox

so i took of that harness and got busy on it removing over a 1 Lb from it not to mention all not needed controls.

then, i sent the frame, swingarm and tripple to get sandblasted raw and i treated it once back home

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
installed the ignition switch on the left bar

Once the Bodywork came, i started working on the subframe but I was running out of time so the CBR1000RR tail would have to wait until later on in the season.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got lucky and found Arrow headers at the wera forum and the shop had a slip Arrow available so I got busy on them to make them exit out of the left so save weigh and for a straighter exit

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the upper was fitted and i didn't like two thing about it that i changed:
1-the ram air hole was long and very narrow towards the back..wth is that about, so i trim and cut to fit.
2-if is a race upper, why would they make it to leave the space for the parking light? so there was a gap between the upper and the screen

I got a super light battery and installed it low and centered, between the motor and the swingarm

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got some rearsets and the exhaust was ready to be installed.

fitted the lower and installed the sliders

I then made an undertail out of alluminum sheet to try and recreate on fiberglass in the future and for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
once back home i desided to get busy on covering that damn hole by the screen and desided to eliminate the long screen and cut it down to fit with only 4 bolts and not 6 bolts as OEM and painted to look a little something like this (i don't have fancy photoshops so microsoft paint has to do) :

stopped by the home depot and got some primer, some nice red and some semigloss black and got busy at the dead end street. $30 painjob

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
added the black to the red

I had some silver rim stripes at home so i took those and cut them in half to be thinner and trim around the black and the red.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.