Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This wax is the shit....best I have ever used.

Picture this your starting to wax your car.......and you always start with the hood.

Apply wax to the first side, let dry and remove the wax.

I always look to see if there is a difference,(usually there is not, other than that my rag slides off the hood easier.

But holy mother of god there is a huge difference,(I wax my bike/cars every 6 months)

So go out and buy some and let me know what you think of it, and sorry for the lame story.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Meguiars Tech Wax (brettmess24)

I heard that wax was the $hit. I gotta get me some.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

My buddy said this wax is the shizzle!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Meguiars Tech Wax (socal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by socal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My buddy said this wax is the shizzle!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is it the NXT Tech wax? That shizzle is of da chainzzzzzzzzz.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well I am a long time Meguiar user and love their products. I read this thread right before I went to the store and picked some up. Will try it out this weekend.

Are you using the paste or liquid?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Meguiars Tech Wax (hubert)

do you use the multi step waxing thingy? cleaner-wax-sealer?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Meguiars Tech Wax (doughboy_748r)

NXT liquid
and no step process bs...
my bike/cars dont need it as I either hand wash the cars and plexus the bike.

If the car/bike hasnt seen wax in a few years then I would do the whole cleaner, clay, wax.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Gold class wash then gold class wax. I will try the Tech stuff next wax! Thx for the tip!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I've been using Zymol for a few years and it works wonders too, first cleaner / wax that I've every used where you can see that the paint is darker after applying to a small area, and it's smells like coconut tanning lotion. Skies the limit with Zymol though, some of their stuff is very expensive, of course those are full 100% carnuba which is harder than concrete when it's dry. But you can buy the cheaper blue stuff at Walmart and it rocks as well. Will have to try Tech wax too to see...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Meguiars Tech Wax (dus10r)

I have some of the higher-end, not sold in discount stores, Zymol carnuba. Serious PITA to work with. If you happen to let it dry it's like trying to remove a thin layer of epoxy, when it's still damp it's sort of like trying to remove grease.

After much research on a couple of detailing forums I'm now of the opinion that a base coat/clear coat finish doesn't need to be protected with wax, per se, but the CC does need attention in the way of polishes to remove swirl marks, etc. I hear amazing things about Zaino Bros. polishes and I plan to pick some up in the near future. My $.02.

Mequires makes nice stuff though. I buy and use their Final Inspection (commercial-level quick detail spray) in gallons down at my local detail shop.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Meguiars Tech Wax (ten~39)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ten~39 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
After much research on a couple of detailing forums I'm now of the opinion that a base coat/clear coat finish doesn't need to be protected with wax, per se, but the CC does need attention in the way of polishes to remove swirl marks, etc. I hear amazing things about Zaino Bros. polishes and I plan to pick some up in the near future. My $.02.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2!
I've used Zaino Bros. products for 10 years now, and I've never been able to find a product that matches the shine I can get from layering Z2 polish with coats of Z6 in between. I've tried everything from the Meguiar's line to the exotic Zymol carbon waxes, and still buy the $10 bottle of Z2- I've got about 30+ layers on my 748 (so far
). Sal Zaino is a chemist, and runs things himself so the business stays small- the customer service is amazing.

Modified by Holiday at 8:02 PM 8/20/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Meguiars Tech Wax (Holiday)

+1 for Zaino. The best....

Aaron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Meguiars Tech Wax (Racer666)

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Zaino is amazing stuff. I use it on the car too. It makes the paint so smooth, and the shine is just incredible. And when you wash the car/bike, bugs just rinse off with a light spray of water. Easy to use, no elbow grease required, smells great! The darker the color, the better it look. I wouldn't waste my money on a white car/bike. But black or dark red? Amazing!

No need to go with each and every step in the process. I use ZFX, Z-2, and some Z-6 Gloss Enhancer Spray. That's it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Meguiars Tech Wax (DanST4)

i've been in the paint field for a long time now ,, i tried a shit load of things ...
but the best combo to date ( for newer finishes ) that we've found ...
Blitz wax

( carnuba by one grand) and WOW

detailing spray ( by Autotech )..
every thing will just slide off ,dust , road grime and tar , tree sapp , bug juice ..
every time i sell the combo i tell the purchaser ,,, if you don't like it or it doesn't
do what i say it will i buy it back ,,, not one has ever came back
caution do not do the sides of the tank !!!
http://www.autotechmfg.com/index.html
http://onegrand.com/

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Brettmess is right, the stuff rocks
. I bought some a few weeks ago (the Meguires NXT) and it is simply amazing! By far the best I've ever used and very easy to apply (but not cheap
).
Joe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, I'm not impressed with Meguires NXT Generation as far as shine/depth/reflection goes. I't's not better than their Gold Class which is their best wax IMHO, but costs significantly more. The best wax for my Annivesary Red ST3 has been Mother's pure carnuba wax. Takes the red to another level, deeper hue imo, and leaves a smooth, deep, refelective glass like shine that's superior to NXT in my eye. Mother's pure carnuba paste is not as easy to work with, but worth the effort. YMMV.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: (st ryder)

Klasse All-In-One is the best stuff I've used.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts