Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: "maybe it's time you pull your finger out of your..." (Capt. Home Slice)

I'm starting to like Mladin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'll tell you what, I would usually be one of the first in line to show my disapproval for Mladin but this article is making me rethink some of my criticism. I especially liked his comments on the Rossi/Gibernau feud, I couldn't agree more. He's still a dink, but perhaps he is softening up a little.

Chris....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: "maybe it's time you pull your finger out of your..." (1up5dn)

Previously, I never really paid much attention to what Mladin said, but I like the throttle controll sticker.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mladin has always been a winny little hyprocrite in my book. But! He does speak the truth quite often and I do believe he wants to win more than most.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (manic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by manic »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I do believe he wants to win more than most.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's why he won't leave the AMA that cherry picker.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work Captain. You haven't asked a question but simply started a dialog.
Well, I reckon Mat's da man. Although, as an Aussie, I'm probably deemed to be a little biased. To me Mat is still the same club racer we used to compete against at Phillip Island, Eastern Creek and Surfers. Except he's far better.
Its great to see him living at the top of the AMA Superbike tree.
People, especially some American fans, need to remember that Mat is Australian and we tend to be fairly open and honest.
As such, press conferences can be a P.R. disaster.
Now, lets count the championships. 1,2,3,4,5...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Red Enough)

I think is column is great. That bike definitely has traction control, though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (999)

I love this traction control

Mat is just the best in AMA and his 5 championships are the proof. The Suzuki is great but not even his teammates can keep up on the same bike. He has no reason to leave the AMA. WSK is too much traveling for a family man like him. Yeah and perhaps if Suzuki ever got their shit together in Moto GP he would go and race with the big boys just to prove a point. Until then he would be an idiot if he left the AMA. IMO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (manic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by manic »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mladin has always been a winny little hyprocrite in my book. But! He does speak the truth quite often and I do believe he wants to win more than most.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't agree more Manic. I do remember when Matt was on the 750 and the 1000CC Vtwins where kicking his ass, he did whine then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can respect his championships, but step up to the next level already. Put him next to Corser in WSBK...hmmmm, he might get waxed or prove that he's bigger than just the AMA superbike series. The column was good, but anyone can make themselves seem more approachable in words. I still can't see myself rooting him on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

A quote from the article:

"The best form of traction control is a limp right wrist."

(I wonder what he might be insinuating about Mr. Bostrom?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: "maybe it's time you pull your finger out of your..." (JamesP)

When he was talking about little Gods and pulling his finger out, I think he was talking about Duhamel and Plumlee.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I think Mladin is probably a very nice guy when he is at home or out with his buddies. He needs to learn to be a little more tactful when he is on camera. He comes off as a cocky asshole.

He is a very talented rider, and I wish I could like him, but he has got to be a little nicer to the public. That would be my

(I didn't read the whole article, so if he apologized for being a dick, then I take back what I said
)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: "maybe it's time you pull your finger out of your..." (Turbo329)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo329 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When he was talking about little Gods and pulling his finger out, I think he was talking about Duhamel and Plumlee.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You think so? I really believe he was talking about Eric Bostrom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: "maybe it's time you pull your finger out of your..." (bsess)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You think so? I really believe he was talking about Eric Bostrom.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, more likely Duhamel and Ben Bostrom from last year. He has it out for Duhamel. Eboz is not treated like a god at Ducati.

The limp wrist comment I think was directed towards Eboz.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: "maybe it's time you pull your finger out of your..." (Turbo329)

i had to fight the urge to look away while reading that column.

anyone else have that feeling they were watching a train wreck? Good stuff though. Very entertaining. But I agree with him, its not all bike. The GSXR is good, but Mladin is blowing Spies and Yates out of the water too.

and i think its hard to hate on twins being "uncompetitive". Ducati is the only other manufacturer to take a podium in Superbike all season...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've always like Mladin and Rossi, and I've always disliked Gibernau.

Considering their prowess, Mladin and Rossi both have IMO handled their success with level heads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Drei)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drei »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love this traction control

Mat is just the best in AMA and his 5 championships are the proof. The Suzuki is great but not even his teammates can keep up on the same bike. He has no reason to leave the AMA. WSK is too much traveling for a family man like him. Yeah and perhaps if Suzuki ever got their shit together in Moto GP he would go and race with the big boys just to prove a point. Until then he would be an idiot if he left the AMA. IMO
</TD></TR></TABLE>

well said!!!!!!
although i dont have my gsxr 750 anymore . im still a mlading fan along with troy bayliss. it think matt says what he wants and some people cant handle it!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts