Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my SP1 with 2 sets of rims; 1 set of SP2 and 1 set of Marvics. I noticed right away that when I swapped them the pads needed to be fully pushed in then reset. I put it down to the fact that I had SP1 rotors on one set and SP2 on the other.
A while ago I got some new EBC rotors and stuck them on the Marvics, but they were rubbing on the calipers. I took out the pads and mounted the calipers to be sure the rotors were centered and they were not. Both rotors were barely touching the left (clutch lever) side of each caliper. On the OEM SP2 wheels they are centered.
I have two axles, and they are exactly the same. I measured the distance between the outside of the spacers on each wheel and they are also the same.
Leads me to believe the spacers are too far on one side. Should be the same amount added to the left and subtracted from the right.
No idea what to do about it. Not even really sure how to get the captive spacers out of the Marvics.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I may have missed it but are the spacers captive or can they be removed? If so, double check to see they are on the correct side. I also had a set of AEM wheels some time ago that were adaptable for bothh the RC bikes and the 954rr. It may be possible that you have an incorrect spacer.

Try a OEM front wheel with your new rotors as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Spacing

If both rotors are rubbing the caliper on the clutch side, just push the axle through until they line up centered. Look at your axle on the clutch side and you will see an alignment groove. Make sure this groove is even with the edge of your fork. It can be slightly in or out from the edge of your fork but if it disappears inside your fork then there is something wrong with the spacers.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I don't know what to do about this.
Captive spacers, yes. Do they, in fact, just pop out?
I took a measurement of them while still installed in the wheel, and the clutch side is significantly shorter than the throttle side. As one would expect. So not reversed, as far as I can tell.
Wheel installed in the forks, the groove on the axle is a hair outside the fork. The OEM wheel is right at the fork edge. Can't see the inside edge of the groove.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.