Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think it is far better looking than the stock Buell! Also I like the "artsy" look. Some cool enginering there too, like the radiator where the headlight would usually be. Good luck to Magpul.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Pls tell me the radiator and lights are NOT part of the unsprung weight of the suspension, as they appear to be! The fork link and strut looks nicely manufactured...it would be a pity to have a compromised design if that stuff is all hanging off the suspension.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I went over to the Magpul website and the first thing they have is... the picture of a KTM Adventure staring at you!
They have absolutely nothing to wet the appetite of potential buyers or interest potential investors. Unless you count this:
"Due to the experimental nature of the project, it is not yet known if Ronin motorcycles or Magpul-designed components for the Buell 1125R will be made available for purchase".

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Magpul make fantastic products/accessories for weapons and their magazines are the industry standard for the M4 platform. I am very familiar with the company and it's products. It was a very cool surprise to see that they are motorcycle fans and have several side projects that aren't the Harley/Cruiser related bullshit that is so prevalent among the specific defense/military clientèle that they cater to.

Matthew

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Magpul make fantastic products/accessories for weapons and their magazines are the industry standard for the M4 platform. I am very familiar with the company and it's products. It was a very cool surprise to see that they are motorcycle fans and have several side projects that aren't the Harley/Cruiser related bullshit that is so prevalent among the specific defense/military clientèle that they cater to.

Matthew
Due you need to build a complete rifle with there parts or can you order a completed system through them?

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pls tell me the radiator and lights are NOT part of the unsprung weight of the suspension, as they appear to be! The fork link and strut looks nicely manufactured...it would be a pity to have a compromised design if that stuff is all hanging off the suspension.
The quick writeup in this mnths CW states that the whole front end is the same weight as a stock Buell fork set up.
I think it looks better than the Buell (if you're into that kind of thing)
AND, the manufacturing technique they used carries over from their gun stuff, which is cool.
They are actually on vacation while the owner and wife take a KTM tour to Alaska!!!- Another neat thing....wouldn't you'll agree OB?:rockon

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Yup, Deadhorse is a cool ride. We're planning to go back there in 2014 (aiming for Labrador/Newfoundland/Nova Scotia next year, and Russia's "Road of Bones" and the "BAM" road in 2013, if we can swing the finances.

The point wrt to radiator and lights is that if they'd mounted them on the frame instead of the fork girder, they would have significantly reduced the unsprung weight and actually gained an advantage over the stock forks in this regard. Better wheel response on bumps, better traction under braking, increased comfort, and, in this design, lighter steering - because the whole caboodle swings with the bars around the steering axis.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
The heat wave from the rad should make for a nice sauna , not to mention the burns from a leak !:eek: And it's fugly .

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
They are known for accessories, like adjustable stocks, pistol grips and magazines. You customize your particular rifle with their components to tailor it to you. The photo listed by Gambler is an F&N SCAR copy which is a system that the Army is currently looking at(F&N Version). They are really known for their M4 products. Personally, I like their butt stocks and magazines, I prefer to use an Ergo pistol grip. If you are looking for an M4, PM me and I can give you some advice or point you in the right direction.

Matthew
Due you need to build a complete rifle with there parts or can you order a completed system through them?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Y'all need to look at the motor, screw the (bike?), it is the undeveloped twin that everyone is trying to copy...

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
With that captivating and well-produced video these guys are bound to sell thousands of bikes. Or not...

·
contra mundum
5,316 Posts
They are known for accessories, like adjustable stocks, pistol grips and magazines. You customize your particular rifle with their components to tailor it to you. The photo listed by Gambler is an F&N SCAR copy which is a system that the Army is currently looking at(F&N Version). They are really known for their M4 products. Personally, I like their butt stocks and magazines, I prefer to use an Ergo pistol grip. If you are looking for an M4, PM me and I can give you some advice or point you in the right direction.

Matthew

Although they are both piston weapons & cosmetically similar looking the Magpul Masada is a separate design from the SCAR. Magpul sold the design for production to Remington/Bushmaster which now calls the rifle the ACR.

Bushmaster Presents - ACR

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
So Magpul is a weapons manufacturer trying to move into the motorcycle market... now where did I hear that before?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts