Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the best spots to see the race? No grandstands. General admition here. Is it a good idea to get a folding chair ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: LS best spots (Giannis)

Everyone always says the Corkscrew, but IMHO it sucks to watch the actual race there. It's crowded as hell, there are lots of trees in the way if you don't get a good spot early, and you only see the bikes once a lap, briefly. Go watch practice or qualifying at the Corkscrew, so you can say you've been there.

For the race, we always like the hill above Turn 2. Excellent action, and you can see over half the track.

Also, the hill on the outside of T10 is good (riders' left), and if you go far enough to the left, you can see Turns 3,4, and 5 pretty well from there. The outside of T9 (riders' right) is nice, too.

Make sure you bring an AM/FM radio, as the races are called on one of the frequencies up there. It's a lot easier to hear what's going on with a radio.

Folding chairs are okay, but you have to lug them around all day if you change spots. We have some little three-legged stools that you can carry over your shoulder...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the parking and hill seating on turn 4 you can see 1,2 and 3 pretty well and it is close to the grandstand... If you bring chairs I have a large van e250 that you can store the chairs in when you decide to walk around hopefully I will have a biog 46 blue and yellow flag up on the van for easy spoting...
nate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (coachnate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coachnate »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I will have a biog 46 blue and yellow flag up on the van for easy spoting...
nate</TD></TR></TABLE>That will help but you probably should tell him which parking lot of the 9 or 10 you will be in? Giannis. If You still have my Number give me a ring on Sunday (Or Saturday if your on Cannery Row)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be on the hill overlooking turn 4 I got a blue parking pass that alows parking on that hill next to the pit pass this was the next best ticket... hang out in the back of my van and watch the races in the shade
nate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (coachnate)

I like the hill at turn two, however the lower half of that hill is now gone.

I wish I was going to be there this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.