Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
weel trackdays got the best of me i lowsided my 04 rc on thursday at
mont tremblant with less than a 1000 milles on it she just slid nice and easy till she hit the grass and then she just started to fly wore off my sweet sato rear sets bent the sh-t out of my bonzais and craked every piece of stock bodywork that could be craked this is my first crash at the track it was a blast but its going to cost a fu--ing fortune to fix

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: lowside (bottleboy)

bb:

Glad you're OK. Bikes can be put back together pretty easily...I know it sucks but it could always be worse.

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Glad your OK. Everytime you go to the track you should expect to have to load the peices back in the trailer and go home to order parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with the fellas. Glad you're okay. Maybe it's a sign that you need a permanent track bike?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Hams51)

but ones you have driven a rc why would you what to ride anything else
and to have to rcs can get expensive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

For people doing track days, I highly recommend getting track plastics (ie sharkskins, hot bodies, etc.) It's WAY cheaper to crash with those than your stock bodywork. An ounce of prevention...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

glad ur okay but always remember that there are those who have crashed and those that are going to crash!!! GET YOUR BELL MAN!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: lowside (RVT4LIFE)

bottle
it's greg, glad youur o.k, do you want some ak composite bodywork, maybe we can put one headlight in it, and did you use tirewarmers?

greg 2133059550

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just ordered all new panels and a gas tank
so ill have the old panels as spares
no warmers and it was raining it was my first time with the michelin power street
i think im going back dunlup gp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear about the lowside. I lowsided my RC at the track this spring with not too much damage. My bike is track only with AK composites bodywork. I have done two wet track days with Pilot Power street tires with no problems. I was running 30 psi front and rear in the wet. For dry tracks I have been told the Power street tires work best at 33-34 psi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

sorry to hear about that. glad you are ok . . . but are you sure you crashed it at the track? because i'm pretty sure i heard about a one-bike accident late at night that involved an RC . . . with no witnesses . . . and . . . you know . . . insurance agents just hate to be burdened with details.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (bottleboy)

Was this the track day with Pimp? I heard the last one at Shannonville was a great safe time had by all. The RC will be restored in no time, you'll be good to go!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: lowside (5150)

i tought about that but i got run over by a car last year and they scraped my 03 rc
so i bought a 04 but my insurance whent up by $400 and it was not my fault can you imagine if i go throw them for this they wont talk to me no more

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Darth Humungus)

it rained the hole day there was a couple of wrecks a new bmw total writh off frame broke in two drive shaft in a milion pieces

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: lowside (5150)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5150 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to hear about that. glad you are ok . . . but are you sure you crashed it at the track? because i'm pretty sure i heard about a one-bike accident late at night that involved an RC . . . with no witnesses . . . and . . . you know . . . insurance agents just hate to be burdened with details.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh gawd
Good for you for owning up to it.
And for those who've crashed on the track and claimed it on their insurance, I got a new icon for you:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: lowside (PushHands)

Sorry to hear about your crash. And as everyone has echoe'd - most importantly you were okay. Some guy died at Fontana from a track day crash.

If you decide to get race-bodywork, I love the AK Composite kits. They look and fit great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts