Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read a previous post on here where someone said they have lockhart phillips lowering pegs does anyone know the model number they are, the only ones i found were these and im not sure if they are the same ones that were stated.

LP USA Super Pole V-1K

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lowering pegs for the rear???

why would you want to lower the front?? if thats what your talking about

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for the driver im asking, and the reasoning is that im a pretty big guy 6-4 about 275 and wear a size 16 shoe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (bmo37)

The ones from LHP will lower about an inch however they are fully adjustable 360 however, they kinda throw your foot out at an odd angle when you go to shift or brake, look into a seat pad these will raise you to some degree.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (RC Cola)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC Cola »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The ones from LHP will lower about an inch however they are fully adjustable 360 however, they kinda throw your foot out at an odd angle when you go to shift or brake, look into a seat pad these will raise you to some degree.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. Lowering your footpegs causes ground clearance problems depending on your riding style. Maybe a Corbin or the like will help your leg room problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (rcebrnr)

Depending on your riding style. True.

bmo37, I tried the rotating Lockhart pegs and didn't like 'em. They put your feet out too far for shifting and braking.

You could get a Corbin seat and have them make it one inch higher. I think this is a good option.

You could just use different pegs than the Honda oem. I like the Lockhart ones, VM-1 maybe? Can't remember, but they're very grippy. If you'll notice the oem pegs have a rise to them so just getting aftermarket pegs you'll gain a little room.

I have Sidi Stradas and the sole is pretty thin so that's a good thing.

You can check out the link below about the Buell pegs if you're really cramped.

http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org...buell

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: lowering pegs (bmo37)

yo BMO:

i've had my LP 'touring' pegs on for almost 2 years.

your levers can be adjusted (rccola).

ground clearance problems are a mind phauck (rcbrnr)

you may end up wth another seat (i have a sargeant)

but the LP's are a cheap fix at $60.

they are SOOOO much more comfortable, and when

i'm comfortable i'm more relaxed & can go a little faster.

which is, even though i'm old, faster than most of these dorks!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts